Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Your Steelers Man Crush?

Hybrid View

Legend

Who's Your Steelers Man Crush?

We all love a player more than we probably should for various reasons. Either cause they're great, they perform in the clutch, they've overcome some major obstacle, they were a UDFA and we have a soft spot in out heart for them, we just like them, etc. etc.

So who is yours? and why?

Hall of Famer
    Ben Roethlisberger.

He is one of the most under-rated Steelers player ever but he is a brave heart. He plays the game like it should be played. He is physical, tough and no matter what he is their for his much maligned O-line. He is a rare breed of QB who are on verge of extinction because of flag football NFL. I think he is like a last action hero kinda figure.

He never cries like Marsha and Peyton for flags and plays through the injuries. He plays in one of the toughest division AFCN where every team has physical defense (even Stains).He plays well in cold weather. Oh did i say he is clutch.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Ben Roethlisberger.

He is one of the most under-rated Steelers player ever but he is a brave heart. He plays the game like it should be played. He is physical, tough and no matter what he is their for his much maligned O-line. He is a rare breed of QB who are on verge of extinction because of flag football NFL. I think he is like a last action hero kinda figure.

He never cries like Marsha and Peyton for flags and plays through the injuries. He plays in one of the toughest division AFCN where every team has physical defense (even Stains).He plays well in cold weather. Oh did i say he is clutch.
    He's a great QB nobody disputes that...I rank him 5-7,but his own stupidity will keep him forever out of the elite conversation. He has the talent & ability to be number 1, but he's too stubborn to mix up his game. I will always root for the guy because he QB's my favorite team, nor would I want another QB.... but he won't ever be someone I look up to, WAY too many character flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by AB84 View Post
    He's a great QB nobody disputes that...I rank him 5-7,but his own stupidity will keep him forever out of the elite conversation. He has the talent & ability to be number 1, but he's too stubborn to mix up his game. I will always root for the guy because he QB's my favorite team, nor would I want another QB.... but he won't ever be someone I look up to, WAY too many character flaws.
    What do you mean by stupidity? How does Ben play stupid?

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Trai Essex! Steelers Swiss Army Knife! Oh, and Lee Mays! Steeler Buddha!
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    What do you mean by stupidity? How does Ben play stupid?
    +1

Just because Big Ben is not an eloquent orator Ben plays stupid according to few.
    Steelers Draft

Hall of Famer
    but he won't ever be someone I look up to, WAY too many character flaws.
    Huh??? I don't look up to professional athletes to be my role models. I don't know them.

I don't see anything wrong what Ben did. He just broke a cardinal rule: "Never put your stick in crazy".

All i want to see is can they bring their game on the field. My fave players are Big Ben in NFL and Black Mamba aka Kobe Bryant in NBA.

Ben is Top-3 QB in NFL however way you want to break it.
    Steelers Draft

Rookie
    Huh??? I don't look up to professional athletes to be my role models. I don't know them.

I don't see anything wrong what Ben did. He just broke a cardinal rule: "Never put your stick in crazy".

All i want to see is can they bring their game on the field. My fave players are Big Ben in NFL and Black Mamba aka Kobe Bryant in NBA.

Ben is Top-3 QB in NFL however way you want to break it.
    KOBE? Yuck..

Ben is not Top 3. You're on crack if you think he is a better QB than either Rodgers,Brady, or Brees.

Hall of Famer
    KOBE? Yuck..

Ben is not Top 3. You're on crack if you think he is a better QB than either Rodgers,Brady, or Brees.
    Sorry to break the news to you but i ain't into drugs.

Is that your opinion or you can prove Rodgers and Brees are better than Ben? Brees got thrown out of Chargers for his greatness and Rodgers had great two seasons.TWO.
    Steelers Draft

Legend
    My fave players are Big Ben in NFL and Black Mamba aka Kobe Bryant in NBA.
    White Mamba and Black Mamba....

that's freaking hilarious.