Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Terry Bradshaw thinks NFL doesn’t truly care about former players

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Fighters don't want to deal with the polictics of boxing, so they go to MMA where's it's one guy (Dana White) calling the shots.
    Yeah, one corrupt jerk is better than having to deal with four!

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    true, but there's a good chance your past jobs didn't result in you having possible drain bamage for the rest of your life either...
    Choosing to play in the NFL is basically like selling your soul to the devil but instead of your soul it's your mind and body that your trading off for fame and fortune. Besides, these are supposed to be college-educated men so surely they were all intelligent enough to know the risks involved and instead use those free degrees to make a living doing something less physically demanding.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    true, but there's a good chance your past jobs didn't result in you having possible drain bamage for the rest of your life either...

nobody forced them to play

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Choosing to play in the NFL is basically like selling your soul to the devil but instead of your soul it's your mind and body that your trading off for fame and fortune. Besides, these are supposed to be college-educated men so surely they were all intelligent enough to know the risks involved and instead use those free degrees to make a living doing something less physically demanding.

exactly, these are scholars we are talking about here.
    i knew about concussions when i was in highschool 20+ years ago. i cant believe these highly educated individuals werent aware of this.

Pro Bowler
    Coaching armpit jr.'s flag football team this year. Had our first coaches meeting a few weeks back. The guy that runs the whole program (flag up to varsity) predicts youth football will be gone in five years. Sad.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Hey, i just met Hollywood Henderson. He lost his football fortune, won another in the Texas lottery, and now lives in Boca Raton, Florida.
    I told him i was a Steeler fan and he kind of glared at me for a second, then said with a smile, "Those were some good games back then, weren't they?"
    I told him it was good to meet someone from that era.
    Cool. I would have told him how funny it was seeing him cry like a little bitch in the post game interview!!!

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    nobody forced them to play
    Nobody forces you to watch...

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Nobody forces you to watch...
    yup, but im not crying saying someone needs to pay me for possible loss of vision because i voluntarily chose watch.

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    yup, but im not crying saying someone needs to pay me for possible loss of vision because i voluntarily chose watch.
    Perhaps...but, if they didn't play football, you'd be crying and/or pissed...

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Perhaps...but, if they didn't play football, you'd be crying and/or pissed...
    wow, that's quite a reach for some sort of a comeback. dont you think?
    what does you implying that i would be mad/pissed if those players chose not to play have to do with their pretending that they knew nothing about concussions and that they didnt have a choice whether to play?