Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Linebackers on the Final Roster?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

9 Linebackers on the Final Roster?

Are the Steelers going to end up keeping 9 LB's on the final roster?? I guess it's not out of the realm of possibilities and to me maybe it does make sense but are they going to keep 16 for the front 7??

Linebackers who are for sure making the roster:

Woodley, Harrison, Timmons, Foote, Sylvester, Spence

Linebackers likely to make the roster:

Worilds, Carter, Brandon Johnson

It's a nice set of LB's and there is depth there and potential for Special Teams but with the Steelers likely to have to keep 7 DL's as well because of Big Snacks injury that is just a lot of roster space devoted to those two positions!!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Rookie

User Info Menu

I don't know that Sylvester will "for sure" make the team...

I hope the dude can play...

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Sylvester or Johnson will be cut. I can't see BOTH making it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    I think Sylvester or Johnson will be cut. I can't see BOTH making it.

I was just gonna type exactly that...

and Chris Carter is facing some stiff competition from UDFA Adrian Robinson from Temple so far, it will be interesting to keep an eye on that training camp battle.
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 06-14-2012 at 12:10 AM.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel View Post
    Are the Steelers going to end up keeping 9 LB's on the final roster?? I guess it's not out of the realm of possibilities and to me maybe it does make sense but are they going to keep 16 for the front 7??

Linebackers who are for sure making the roster:

Woodley, Harrison, Timmons, Foote, Sylvester, Spence

Linebackers likely to make the roster:

Worilds, Carter, Brandon Johnson

It's a nice set of LB's and there is depth there and potential for Special Teams but with the Steelers likely to have to keep 7 DL's as well because of Big Snacks injury that is just a lot of roster space devoted to those two positions!!!
    Worilds is for sure making the roster unless his injury is more severe than we know. It suprises me how few fans recognize his ability or how well he played last season.

Legend

User Info Menu

I bet it will be 8 and Johnson or Carter won't make it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Well.... I guess our special teams should be pretty awesome.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm not opposed to the Steelers keeping 9, it really does help with special teams!!! They have done it in the past!! It just makes it a little more difficult to imagine them doing with having to keep an extra d-lineman. I tried to take a look at a projection of the final roster and it is possible considering the Steelers probably will not keep 6 WR's this season. I guess we will all see how it plays out come August. I do like the potential that is sitting there at LB right now and I could see someone coming out of no where to be a difference maker. I don't know who and I don't know why but it just tends to happen in the Burgh!!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

They may not be able to keep nine because they may carry an extra DL until Hampton is ready to play.

Also, if Beachum is as good as some reports they may carry an extra OL in case Adams can't handle the starting job and Beachum may not make it to the PS.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

woirlds played well last year?

didn't see it, sorry.