Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Linebackers on the Final Roster?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    Worilds is for sure making the roster unless his injury is more severe than we know. It suprises me how few fans recognize his ability or how well he played last season.
    That's because some fans won't ever get over the fact Worilds was selected over a LB from Penn State no matter what Worilds does.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel View Post
    Are the Steelers going to end up keeping 9 LB's on the final roster?? I guess it's not out of the realm of possibilities and to me maybe it does make sense but are they going to keep 16 for the front 7??

Linebackers who are for sure making the roster:

Woodley, Harrison, Timmons, Foote, Sylvester, Spence

Linebackers likely to make the roster:

Worilds, Carter, Brandon Johnson

It's a nice set of LB's and there is depth there and potential for Special Teams but with the Steelers likely to have to keep 7 DL's as well because of Big Snacks injury that is just a lot of roster space devoted to those two positions!!!
    I think the Steelers could keep 6 DL if snack is ready to play. Otherwise, they put him on the PUP and the decisions are easier. If snack plays in game 1, we could keep snack, heyward, keisel, hood, mcclendon, and ta'amu. game day actives would be snack, keisel, hood, heyward, and mcclendon at first. McClendon can play DE. He has excellent size for either position and good athleticism. McClendon would be an easy decision for game day backup as he can play any position.

But, none of this really matters. Either the linebacker or the DL choices could get very easy if we have some injuries in camp or the preseason (which we usually do).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel View Post
    Are the Steelers going to end up keeping 9 LB's on the final roster?? I guess it's not out of the realm of possibilities and to me maybe it does make sense but are they going to keep 16 for the front 7??

Linebackers who are for sure making the roster:

Woodley, Harrison, Timmons, Foote, Sylvester, Spence

Linebackers likely to make the roster:

Worilds, Carter, Brandon Johnson

It's a nice set of LB's and there is depth there and potential for Special Teams but with the Steelers likely to have to keep 7 DL's as well because of Big Snacks injury that is just a lot of roster space devoted to those two positions!!!
    I can see the argument but who's going to be the 7th D-Lineman that would be viewed as more important to keep over a young LBs or a ST standout? I can see the following 6...

NT = Hampton, McClendon, Ta'amu
    DE = Keisel, Hood, Heyward

...but who's going to be the 7th out of this group? - Kade Weston, Al Woods, Corbin Bryant, Jake Stoller, Ikponmwosa Igbinosun. Weston, Stoller & Woods are PS fodder, "Ike" has the talent but is raw, so it really is about Bryant as he seems to have the backing of the coaching staff.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That's because some fans won't ever get over the fact Worilds was selected over a LB from Penn State no matter what Worilds does.
    actually, its because some fans thought he was a reach at the time and his play so far has done nothing to dispel that suspicion.

what has worilds done well exactly in your opinion?

actually, don't bother as I'm sure it will turn into another lebeau rant. Save it for another thread, any one seems to work for you.

Legend

User Info Menu

Worilds has played well when he's allowed to play.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

weak, not instinctive, doesn't seal the edge, etc.etc.

yeah he's great.

I know, its lebeaus fault. You and ovi should get a room.

Legend

User Info Menu

By Dejan Kovacevic
    Published: Friday, June 15, 2012

Mini-thoughts, mini-observations of the Steelers' minicamp that concluded Thursday on the South Side ...

• James Harrison opened OTAs declaring himself healthy, then stayed off the field for most of the past three weeks. The new issue was fluid on the knee, which doesn't sound serious. But the old issue, the wonky back, still hasn't been silenced.

You OK with Jason Worilds replacing him?

Me neither.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/1991975-74/haley-redman-steelers-issue-mike-mini-past-roethlisberger-weeks-minicamp[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    By Dejan Kovacevic

Mini-thoughts, mini-observations of the Steelers' minicamp that concluded Thursday on the South Side ...

• James Harrison opened OTAs declaring himself healthy, then stayed off the field for most of the past three weeks. The new issue was fluid on the knee, which doesn't sound serious. But the old issue, the wonky back, still hasn't been silenced.

Me neither.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/1991975-74/haley-redman-steelers-issue-mike-mini-past-roethlisberger-weeks-minicamp[/URL]
    Thanks, Dejan...nothing against Worilds, but no one short of Greg Lloyd in his prime could replicate what Harrison does for us.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    ...but who's going to be the 7th out of this group? - Kade Weston, Al Woods, Corbin Bryant, Jake Stoller, Ikponmwosa Igbinosun. Weston, Stoller & Woods are PS fodder, "Ike" has the talent but is raw, so it really is about Bryant as he seems to have the backing of the coaching staff.
    Out of all of those players, Woods is the only one who was on the 53 man roster last year and has seen actual time in NFL games...

I don't know that McClendon will spend a lot of time at DE...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    By Dejan Kovacevic

Me neither.

Not many were comfortable with James Harrison until he was in the league several years and finally became a starter and could demonstrate what he was fully capable of. After Porter left and Harrison became a full time starter, there were very few if any fans who foresaw Harrison ever delivering DPOY type performances. So what, Dejan is not comfortable with Worilds right now. That is meaningless to me. Worilds has not hit his full potential, he is still developing. If he can shake the injury bug, he could turn out very well. Just like others before him have developed and become good players.