Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Linebackers on the Final Roster?

Hybrid View

Pro Bowler

9 Linebackers on the Final Roster?

Are the Steelers going to end up keeping 9 LB's on the final roster?? I guess it's not out of the realm of possibilities and to me maybe it does make sense but are they going to keep 16 for the front 7??

Linebackers who are for sure making the roster:

Woodley, Harrison, Timmons, Foote, Sylvester, Spence

Linebackers likely to make the roster:

Worilds, Carter, Brandon Johnson

It's a nice set of LB's and there is depth there and potential for Special Teams but with the Steelers likely to have to keep 7 DL's as well because of Big Snacks injury that is just a lot of roster space devoted to those two positions!!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

I don't know that Sylvester will "for sure" make the team...

I hope the dude can play...

Legend
    I think Sylvester or Johnson will be cut. I can't see BOTH making it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    I think Sylvester or Johnson will be cut. I can't see BOTH making it.

I was just gonna type exactly that...

and Chris Carter is facing some stiff competition from UDFA Adrian Robinson from Temple so far, it will be interesting to keep an eye on that training camp battle.
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 06-14-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel View Post
    Are the Steelers going to end up keeping 9 LB's on the final roster?? I guess it's not out of the realm of possibilities and to me maybe it does make sense but are they going to keep 16 for the front 7??

Linebackers who are for sure making the roster:

Woodley, Harrison, Timmons, Foote, Sylvester, Spence

Linebackers likely to make the roster:

Worilds, Carter, Brandon Johnson

It's a nice set of LB's and there is depth there and potential for Special Teams but with the Steelers likely to have to keep 7 DL's as well because of Big Snacks injury that is just a lot of roster space devoted to those two positions!!!
    Worilds is for sure making the roster unless his injury is more severe than we know. It suprises me how few fans recognize his ability or how well he played last season.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    Worilds is for sure making the roster unless his injury is more severe than we know. It suprises me how few fans recognize his ability or how well he played last season.
    That's because some fans won't ever get over the fact Worilds was selected over a LB from Penn State no matter what Worilds does.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That's because some fans won't ever get over the fact Worilds was selected over a LB from Penn State no matter what Worilds does.
    actually, its because some fans thought he was a reach at the time and his play so far has done nothing to dispel that suspicion.

what has worilds done well exactly in your opinion?

actually, don't bother as I'm sure it will turn into another lebeau rant. Save it for another thread, any one seems to work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

the Steelers had a first round grade on Sean Lee, yet bypassed him to take the oft-injured Jason Worilds because they had a bigger need at OLB.

Steelers should have stuck to their draft philosophy of BPA...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the Steelers had a first round grade on Sean Lee, yet bypassed him to take the oft-injured Jason Worilds because they had a bigger need at OLB.

Steelers should have stuck to their draft philosophy of BPA...
    The Steelers are really hurting because they don't have sackmaster (zero sacks) Sean Lee. People need to get over that. Steelers still ranked No. 1 defensively and had a 12-4 record. Sean Lee led the 14th ranked defense and his team was out of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    The Steelers are really hurting because they don't have sackmaster (zero sacks) Sean Lee. People need to get over that. Steelers still ranked No. 1 defensively and had a 12-4 record. Sean Lee led the 14th ranked defense and his team was out of the playoffs.

Sean Lee had 4 interceptions last season, twice as many as all of the Steelers LBers combined.

Lee also had 105 tackles, more than any LB on the Steelers whose leading tackler ironically was Ryan Clark a free safety.

Sean Lee is a very good player who would have been a great replacement for James Farrior.