Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9 Linebackers on the Final Roster?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That's because some fans won't ever get over the fact Worilds was selected over a LB from Penn State no matter what Worilds does.

the Steelers had a first round grade on Sean Lee, yet bypassed him to take the oft-injured Jason Worilds because they had a bigger need at OLB.

Steelers should have stuck to their draft philosophy of BPA...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the Steelers had a first round grade on Sean Lee, yet bypassed him to take the oft-injured Jason Worilds because they had a bigger need at OLB.

The Steelers are really hurting because they don't have sackmaster (zero sacks) Sean Lee. People need to get over that. Steelers still ranked No. 1 defensively and had a 12-4 record. Sean Lee led the 14th ranked defense and his team was out of the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    The Steelers are really hurting because they don't have sackmaster (zero sacks) Sean Lee. People need to get over that. Steelers still ranked No. 1 defensively and had a 12-4 record. Sean Lee led the 14th ranked defense and his team was out of the playoffs.

Sean Lee had 4 interceptions last season, twice as many as all of the Steelers LBers combined.

Lee also had 105 tackles, more than any LB on the Steelers whose leading tackler ironically was Ryan Clark a free safety.

Sean Lee is a very good player who would have been a great replacement for James Farrior.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sean Lee had 4 interceptions last season, twice as many as all of the Steelers LBers combined.

Lee also had 105 tackles, more than any LB on the Steelers whose leading tackler ironically was Ryan Clark a free safety.

Sean Lee is a very good player who would have been a great replacement for James Farrior.
    When Tinmons had 149 tackles, many people still criticized Timmons and regarded that as not very much production. So 105 tackles is relatively good but why keep crying over this player. Lee is a good player, but there are a lot of good players on other teams that the Steelers didn't draft either. The Steelers still have a strong defense without him. What you're suggesting is that Worilds sucks and Lee is so good that the Steelers totally "whiffed", a word haters love to use, by selecting Worilds. I'm sorry but I'm not with you or Dejan on this. They will find a replacement for Farrior, in Foote, Sylvester or Sean Spence and march on successfully. I also believe that Worilds, if he is not deterred by chronic injuries will become a strong contributor on defense also. They might end up needing a replacement Harrison or at least someone to fill in sooner than expected. So they are developing Worilds. Lee is better at making interceptions, Worilds is better at rushing the QB. They both have their strengths. You and some others have already decided Worilds is not very good, but that perception could change completely in a season. I think the astute observers have already seen indications of Worilds ability, but maybe the less observant claim to have seen nothing yet. The story is still unfolding. It remains to be seen if Lee will remain healthy throughout his career since he has had injury issues in his past also.

Legend

User Info Menu

actually the main point I was attempting to make is that the Steelers supposedly always draft the BPA. yet, although they had a first round grade on Sean Lee they still chose Jason Worilds instead because OLB was deemed to be a bigger need at the time.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

actually the main point I was attempting to make is that the Steelers supposedly always draft the BPA. yet, although they had a first round grade on Sean Lee they still chose Jason Worilds instead because OLB was deemed to be a bigger need at the time.
    Do we really know they had a 1st Round grade on Lee and that they weren't worried about his knee injury or did some reporter say that?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    When Tinmons had 149 tackles, many people still criticized Timmons and regarded that as not very much production. So 105 tackles is relatively good but why keep crying over this player. Lee is a good player, but there are a lot of good players on other teams that the Steelers didn't draft either. The Steelers still have a strong defense without him. What you're suggesting is that Worilds sucks and Lee is so good that the Steelers totally "whiffed", a word haters love to use, by selecting Worilds. I'm sorry but I'm not with you or Dejan on this. They will find a replacement for Farrior, in Foote, Sylvester or Sean Spence and march on successfully. I also believe that Worilds, if he is not deterred by chronic injuries will become a strong contributor on defense also. They might end up needing a replacement Harrison or at least someone to fill in sooner than expected. So they are developing Worilds. Lee is better at making interceptions, Worilds is better at rushing the QB. They both have their strengths. You and some others have already decided Worilds is not very good, but that perception could change completely in a season. I think the astute observers have already seen indications of Worilds ability, but maybe the less observant claim to have seen nothing yet. The story is still unfolding. It remains to be seen if Lee will remain healthy throughout his career since he has had injury issues in his past also.
    Anytime the Steelers don't pick a LB from PSU the board cries over him for years...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Anytime the Steelers don't pick a LB from PSU the board cries over him for years...
    So true. So true.

I am a PSU alum and I have no issue with them not picking Lee given his college injury. I guess everyone looks at PSU LBs and sees Jack Ham. PSU hasn't had that in years.

Prediction: With O'Brien in charge PSU may go from "Linebacker U" to "TE U"
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    So true. So true.

I am a PSU alum and I have no issue with them not picking Lee given his college injury. I guess everyone looks at PSU LBs and sees Jack Ham. PSU hasn't had that in years.

Prediction: With O'Brien in charge PSU may go from "Linebacker U" to "TE U"
    I'm not a Worilds hater, but given the choice of Worilds v. Lee, I would take Lee right now. Would you?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Well there is a reason for that. PSU is a LB university. I am not saying all LB from PSU are HOF players but you get good line backers from PSU.

Same thing like you don't draft WRs from Florida in Rd 1. More often than not they are bust.

Sean Lee right now is far better player than Jason. I am definitely not happy that they took Jason over Sean Lee especially when they had a Rd 1 grade on him.

Injuries was an issue with Sean but same can be said about jason w.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT