Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Is This Mythical Yinzer?

Legend

User Info Menu

Who Is This Mythical Yinzer?

Which one of you is guilty of wanting to protect Lebeau and our defense's reputation over the Steelers winning?

Which one of you likes Kordell better than Ben?

Which one of you wants to run 70% of the time?

Which one of you likes BA's use of David Johnson?

I'm getting confused recently. I'm starting to think no one wants to win anymore. Might be time for a new SuperBowl or Bust thread.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Everyone in Steeler nation would want Steelers to win No.7 this season.

But there are few Steelers Nation fans who says Steelers lost because of Offense and defense can never do anything wrong. Steelers win because of Defense and lose because of Offense

One reason i defend the Offense because they are always the scapegoat no matter what.Everyone fails to see how Offense help Steelers Defense to be in Top-10.

Injuries are excuse for defense. Offense scored too quickly is an excuse for defense but injuries, O-line changes, WR changes can't be given as an excuse for offense. Ben is paid 15 million dollars so no matter what Offense has to be Top-5 scoring offense.

Prime Example: Denver Broncos playoff game

People complain about Offense even though defense laid a big egg in that game. Offense scored 23 points against a very good denver defense which should have been enough to win the game.
    Last edited by grotonsteel; 06-13-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Everyone in Steeler nation would want Steelers to win No.7 this season.

But there are few Steelers Nation fans who says Steelers lost because of Offense and defense can never do anything wrong. Steelers win because of Defense and lose because of Offense

One reason i defend the Offense because they are always the scapegoat no matter what.Everyone fails to see how Offense help Steelers Defense to be in Top-10.

Injuries are excuse for defense. Offense scored too quickly is an excuse for defense but injuries, O-line changes, WR changes can't be given as an excuse for offense. Ben is paid 15 million dollars so no matter what Offense has to be Top-5 scoring offense.

Prime Example: Denver Broncos playoff game

People complain about Offense even though defense laid a big egg in that game. Offense scored 23 points against a very good denver defense which should have been enough to win the game.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And anyone who wants their opinion taken seriously? Can't dispute that.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll never forget the Pats 2005 post game shows. Local media and fans on talk radio were actually UPSET, that the offense scored "too quickly" when they had a 1st and goal from the Pats 4 yard line down 7 points.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, we also have the "srezniy" (shrez-nies) on this board who use 10 games since 2004 to prove how bad the D sucks. The srezniy reverse all logic and think the 21st Offense is the reason the D was ranked #1 last year.

yet....

Timmons is called a bust by many...
    Everyone said Farrior needed to go...
    we bash the 10 yard cushion a ton...
    We complained about lack of pressure...
    Lack of turnovers...
    William Gay...
    The old DL...

Legend

User Info Menu

10 games? LeBeau's 4th quarter scheme has sucked FOR YEARS.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Nobody with a brain would dispute the defense's poor performance in Denver...

Neither would anyone answer Flippy's questions positively...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Neither would anyone answer Flippy's questions positively...
    If Flippy brings down run % to 60% instead of 70% i think half the steeler nation would reply to it positively.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    I'll never forget the Pats 2005 post game shows. Local media and fans on talk radio were actually UPSET, that the offense scored "too quickly" when they had a 1st and goal from the Pats 4 yard line down 7 points.
    That isn't the first time people have complained about scoring too quickly. A lot of people use that strategy. I'm not a fan of it but plenty of "geniuses" use that philosophy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    If Flippy brings down run % to 60% instead of 70% i think half the steeler nation would reply to it positively.
    well, it was less than 45% last season. does that sound like a commitment to the run to you?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha