Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dwyer, Clay hope to seize opportunity

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    In Dwyer's defense, he probably thought (as many did) that his drop on draft day was more due to the style of offense he played on at GT and the fact that the NFL looks at RB's as a commodity unless they are really special. If I recall, he also had some injury concerns as well. Hopefully, he gets what being a pro is all about now. There are few better locker rooms in the NFL right now, so that could help him in ways that wouldn't if had been drafted by the Bears or Buc's or something.
    ..and to prove everyone wrong he came to camp fat... I think it's more than the offense he was in... he obviously has some motivation issues and hopefully he has turned the corner.

Ben dropped to 11 and he still has a chip on his shoulder... Dwyer lasted 6 rounds and went to Golden Coral to celebrate... I guess he ate the chip on his shoulder.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 07-05-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I think it's funny that you are saying it takes guys 1 - 2 years before they get it. I guess that isn't true for defensive players.

There is a big difference between how Redman showed up for camp and how Dwyer showed up for camp. Dwyer couldn't even complete the beginning running drill. Redman wanted out of a game where he was gashing the defense and his exercised induced asthma kicked in. Not that it's an excuse but Redman even said there is a difference being in shape and being in NFL shape. He learned very quickly. He also has never lacked in effort ... the same cannot be said for Dwyer.

Dwyer hasn't learned very quickly. I'm anxious to see if he has this year. I hope so and I hope he turns out to be a great back. That way we will have 2 great backs with him and Redman and set for many years to come.
    Well it depends on who we are talking about... Dwyer was "drafted" and went to an ACC school so all he has to do is "lose a few pounds in his 3rd year to be awesome.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Well it depends on who we are talking about... Dwyer was "drafted" and went to an ACC school so all he has to do is "lose a few pounds in his 3rd year to be awesome.
    My money is on the undrafted future UPS driver from Bowie State.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben only dropped thanks to the Raiders and Browns. What many people fail to admit, is that most of the top 10 had their QBs already.

You knew Dennis Green was going to pick Fitz because he'd known him for years.

Legend

User Info Menu

I apologies to the board for using Ben as an example of a guy dropping and using it as motivation. I should have known using HIS name would open the door to the cockpit for another hijacking attempt.

Ask the water bottle in the green room if Ben cared about the other teams who already thought they had their QB's...

Legend

User Info Menu

I apologies to the board for using Ben as an example of a guy dropping and using it as motivation. I should have known using HIS name would open the door to the cockpit for another hijacking attempt.

Ask the water bottle in the green room if Ben cared about the other teams who already thought they had their QB's...
    See what you've done now -- we're going to have easily a 10 page thread on the issue...

Legend

User Info Menu

Where oh where is that "tsk tsk" smilley.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben didn't throw the water bottle. The late Terry Hoeppener did.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Ben didn't throw the water bottle. The late Terry Hoeppener did.
    Who cares??? And how is it related to Dwyer or Clay?

Legend

User Info Menu

Philly, Dwyer and Clay want to take handoffs from Ben and steal his opportunity with YINZER BALL, don't you know that? geeez
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION