Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Early news out of Mini-icamp

Legend

User Info Menu

Adams half azzin it? I would never believe it! Gasp.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Adams half azzin it? I would never believe it! Gasp.

did Adams have a history of doing that at Ohio St Shawn?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

You haven't been reading my posts about Adams have ya He is frustrating to have on a team you root for. All that size and physical ability but no fire. Yes he is known for half azzing for most of his college career
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Adams - taken in the second round out of Ohio State - would often bring his playbook and his iPad wherever he went during his final days on campus to help fight off boredom.

"To be honest, I'd be in class watching film and stuff like that,'' he said. ''I kind of checked out of school a while ago, just wanting to be here, getting back with my team.''

I don't like this attitude at all. Watching film in class is disrespectful to the professor. Once you sign up for a class, you give it your all until it is over.

DeCastro, the 24th overall pick out of Stanford, saves his nasty streak for the field. The soft-spoken 22-year-old spent his final month in college completing his degree in management, science and engineering. His final exams consisted of two projects and a test in his class on linear optimization.

Math, really hard math, in case you're wondering.

DeCastro talked about the exam with a shoulder shrug, saying simply ''it wasn't too bad.''

DeCastro's approach to his studies is much better. Taking classes on linear optimization right up to the end instead of majoring in football and little else like Adams at OSU.

''With the Super Bowls we won in the past, it wasn't on the strength of the receivers, it was the on the offensive line,'' he said. ''If we can stack some championships up, that will be a testament to the offensive line coach and the guys in that room. Hopefully we do well.''
    We won Super Bowls in the past not on the strength of the receivers, but rather on the offensive line instead? Is Colon high? I seem to recall Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes bringing home Super Bowl MVP trophies, while the OL was responsible holding calls deep in our end, Ben taking unnecessary hits, and giving up 2 points via safety.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

That safety was a garbage call. That linemen beat Hartwig so bad the referee thought Hartwig dragged him down when all that happened was that Hartwig got bowled over.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    That safety was a garbage call. That linemen beat Hartwig so bad the referee thought Hartwig dragged him down when all that happened was that Hartwig got bowled over.
    Yup.
    Good thing it didn't end up being the difference in the game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I don't like this attitude at all. Watching film in class is disrespectful to the professor. Once you sign up for a class, you give it your all until it is over.

DeCastro's approach to his studies is much better. Taking classes on linear optimization right up to the end instead of majoring in football and little else like Adams at OSU.

We won Super Bowls in the past not on the strength of the receivers, but rather on the offensive line instead? Is Colon high? I seem to recall Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes bringing home Super Bowl MVP trophies, while the OL was responsible holding calls deep in our end, Ben taking unnecessary hits, and giving up 2 points via safety.
    Agree and disagree. A lot of college classes are huge lectures - if that's what he was ignoring to learn the playbook then I don't care at all. I skipped a ton of classes and did plenty of not-paying-attention in college because I was paying to be there and I can do what I want as long as I don't interrupt the class. Adams wasn't really paying to be there most likely though (scholarships) so he probably should have paid attention out of respect to the school and people paying his way.

And seriously...when you have a reputation like his...you don't talk about 'checking out', even if the reason is that you were too excited about the next step in your life. I completely understand as a student the whole feeling of being over a class and not caring any more, but you don't tell the media that you checked out.

Backup

User Info Menu

Justin Hartwig got bowled over, but he did grab the defender as he fell, so I can understand why he was flagged. There's no point in dwelling on it since the Steelers won anyway.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

2012 Pittsburgh Steelers Minicamp – Day Two News, Notes & Recap From Wednesday

Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

The Pittsburgh Steelers have now wrapped up day two of their 2012 mini-camp and below is the daily aggregation of reports from the likes of Mark Kaboly, Scott Brown, Gerry Dulac, Mike Prisuta and Will Graves.

The morning started off with the Steelers officially announcing that they have signed long snapper Matt Katula and inside linebacker Brandon Johnson. To make room on the 90 man roster, tight end Wes Lyons was released and wide receiver Connor Dixon was placed on the Waived/Injured list with a leg injury of some sorts.

Emmanuel Sanders (knee) and James Harrison (knee) were among the notables not practicing in the morning session and it was also reported later in the day that Marcus Gilbert did not work in the morning session. Curtis Brown and Stevenson Sylvester were both still sidelined on Wednesday after both missed time on Tuesday. It is believed that Jason Worilds is still sidelined in addition as he recovers from off-season wrist surgery. Weslye Saunders also reportedly missed time on Wednesday in addition. John Clay reportedly sat out the afternoon practice with what may have been a hamstring strain.

Still rehabbing their knee injuries on the side are Rashard Mendenhall and Casey Hampton. Hampton told reporters that he has eyes on being ready by week one of the season and he is not upset at all that he will likely miss training camp practices. Hampton let be known that he still wants to play a few more years hopefully in Pittsburgh, but acknowledged that the Steelers have some up and coming youth now on the roster. During his talk with the media he praised both Steve McLendon and rookie Alameda Ta'amu.

Ta'amu said Wednesday that the team wants him at 340 by the time training camp starts. That means he needs to drop 10 pounds over the course of the next month.

Team president Art Rooney II was quoted during the middle of the day as saying in regard to restricted free agent wide receiver Mike Wallace, "He should be here." Sanders and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, both stated that they miss Wallace and are hopeful that he gets his situation resolved by the start of training camp. Neither seem concerned that he will not be able to catch up quickly. As it is has long been speculated, the Steelers still reportedly have no intentions of lowering the tender offer to Wallace on Friday.

Brett Keisel reportedly worked against rookie Mike Adams repeatedly on Wednesday and teased that he beat him most of the time. Keisel added that Adams has potential though. He also added that the team wants both Adams and David DeCastro to come in and contribute right away and that so far he thinks that they like what they see in both of the rookies.

Roethlisberger is still withholding judgement on the rookies until they put the pads on. Both Adams and DeCastro continued to be rotated in with the first time for a second day in a row.

Roethlisberger said in his talk with media that he has no intentions of changing the way he plays this year. He also added that the biggest issue he had with the team bringing in a new offensive coordinator and a new offensive scheme after his eight years in the league was that it would force him to start the learning process over at the most inopportune time, which is him heading into the prime of his career. Quote wise the quarterback said, "That was it early on. I felt like I was really starting … I was hopefully going to be coming into the prime of my career and starting all over with an offense.”

During his talk with the media, Roethlisberger once again said they he will be able to use the running backs more out of the backfield than he has previously.

The Steelers will wrap up mini-camp on Thursday with a light practice according to reports. It will serve as the final off-season practice until the team reports to training camp in Latrobe late next month.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/ben_roethlisberger_says_hes_not_going_to_change_hi s_game/11006321[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

MarkKaboly_Trib via twitter:

Keep an eye on #Steelers rookie CB Terry Carter. Coaching staff really high on him.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/[/URL]

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha