Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 193

Thread: What's The Problem With Rushing the Football?

  1. #151
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,002
    Hey Cap, I noticed you skipped this one:

    Excuse me?

    They blew 4th quarter lead in the very first game LeBeau came back, and the evil pass happy Ben didn't play, and the evil pass happy BA was the WR coach.

    They also blew a lead at Jacksonville.

    Blew a lead at New York.

    2005

    Gave up a GW FG after the offense tied the game against the Pats.

    Blew a 14-0 lead the next game at San Diego.

    Blew a 7 point 4th quarter lead against the Ravens.

    Same problems, even when they try and run the ball like you want.

    6 blown 4th quarter leads with the beloved Bill Cowher and his run game calling the shots.

    You talk about 2007?

    Tie the game in Denver, the defense gives it right back. Lose.

    Need one stop to beat the Jets? Nope. Lose.

    Tie the Jags in game one, the defense gives it right back. Lose.

    Need one stop to beat the Jags in the playoffs? Nope. Lose.

    Anything else? Those are the three best seasons you yap about, and yet the same ^&*()_ problems remain in the 4th on defense don't they?

    Watch the games. You need help? Ask.
    Last edited by Crash; 06-13-2012 at 04:43 AM.

  2. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    What? You mean they used Leinert because they paid him big money? I'll be damned.
    But they didn't use him...

  3. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Tell me I'm wrong? Kordell was directly involved in the hiring of Ray Sherman in 1998.

    Ben gets a golf coached shoved down his throat with no input or leeway after winning two rings.

    Kordell calls Pittsburgh a racist city, says the NFL didn't give him a chance after 2003 because of race, and Rooney allows him to "retire" a Steeler? I would have told him to go sheet in his race card playing hat.

    Rooney sat there and let Goodell bend Ben and his team over. He should have came out in public and stated "Ben was not charged, according to the PCP you can't be eligible for suspension unless charged, so any suspensions handed out will be done by US".

    But he didn't, he let Goodell make up his own rules for Ben, and did squat.
    Ben should have kept it in his pants with McNulty and DTF...

  4. #154
    I think it's pretty simple what the Steelers want to do on offense this year.

    They want to have the ability to run the football when the situation calls for it. They want to have a more physical and effective running game. They want to use the run to set up the pass through play action. The Steelers are not going to be a 1st & 2nd down run, 3rd down pass kinda team. The Steelers want to control the game by running if they want and explode the game by passing if they want. The Steelers are implementing a lot of no-huddle to keep teams off balance.

    BA's playbook wasn't horrible, however BA refused to call the right plays at the right time. Haley will hopefully be a better playcaller.

  5. #155
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,490
    I'm one who believes this offense needs dedication to the running game to improve on what we have seen. I know the importance of getting better as a whole and more importantly how that translates to the situational running game. Many are arguing "play to their strength" passing game should be the focus but we have seen that can't be called on all the time to win the games. It has its limitations and it is even more evident against good coaching, talented secondaries, or when weather or field conditions play a role. So play any argument you feel is right...But I don't think Haley's focus will be a 180 & "3 yards and a cloud of dust" football.

    Haley is a cerebral coach and he knows what works with the talent he has on the Steelers. But he also knows that having a strength means that the weakness can easily be exploited in the gameplanning by a good coach. That is what we have seen year after year under BA. That is the focus on dedication to the running game and essential to the offense getting better. Here is the fact of the whole situation. Dedication to the running game has absolutely no negative impact on the offense and only positive results will come from it. So why would anyone resist that goal?



  6. #156
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,296
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I'm one who believes this offense needs dedication to the running game to improve on what we have seen. I know the importance of getting better as a whole and more importantly how that translates to the situational running game. Many are arguing "play to their strength" passing game should be the focus but we have seen that can't be called on all the time to win the games. It has its limitations and it is even more evident against good coaching, talented secondaries, or when weather or field conditions play a role. So play any argument you feel is right...But I don't think Haley's focus will be a 180 & "3 yards and a cloud of dust" football.

    Haley is a cerebral coach and he knows what works with the talent he has on the Steelers. But he also knows that having a strength means that the weakness can easily be exploited in the gameplanning by a good coach. That is what we have seen year after year under BA. That is the focus on dedication to the running game and essential to the offense getting better. Here is the fact of the whole situation. Dedication to the running game has absolutely no negative impact on the offense and only positive results will come from it. So why would anyone resist that goal?
    Because that doesn't put the ball in Ben's hands 40 times a game.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  7. #157
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Ben should have kept it in his pants with McNulty and DTF...
    He had consensual sex with McNulty, and the physical evidence proves that he didn't have intercourse at all with Miss DTF.

  8. #158
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,002
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Because that doesn't put the ball in Ben's hands 40 times a game.

    Pappy
    He threw 34 passes a game. If that's too high, why are you paying him $15 MILLION?

    Dedication to the run game is one thing. Running for the sake of running is another thing all together.

    The FIRST SIX, red zone first and second down plays in Ben Roethlisberger's Super Bowl career, with two different OCs I might add:

    6 runs, 0 passes = 1 TD (run by BEN on 3rd down), 2 FGs.

    Again, why are you paying him if you aren't going to use him?
    Last edited by Crash; 06-13-2012 at 12:31 PM.

  9. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Hey Cap, I noticed you skipped this one:

    Excuse me?

    They blew 4th quarter lead in the very first game LeBeau came back, and the evil pass happy Ben didn't play, and the evil pass happy BA was the WR coach.

    They also blew a lead at Jacksonville.
    I dont have all year to address all the games you mentioned. I am sure a few are legit comebacks. But not as many as you claim as you also spin stories to make your point. I will just address the first team you mentioned Jax.

    I am unsure of what game you refer to here. It looks like 2004 but we WON that game with Ben.

    It must be 2005 when Tommy was in am I correct? Is that not the game that ended tied in regulation on with a DL coached corner interception to send the game into overtime?

    And please inform us Crash, how exactly did we lose thar game in OT?

    You who can remember evey play in Steeler history without looking it up because you alone "watch the games".

    Somebody MUST have looked at just the scores and does not even remember how we lost that game.

    Go ahead Crash look it up, you need not admit it.

    Hint DL was in NO WAY at fault for THIS loss.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-13-2012 at 12:24 PM.

  10. #160
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I dont have all year to address all the games you mentioned
    Translation, Crash just handed me my ass.

    Who said anything about losses? You claimed that LeBeau's defense wasn't blowing leads when they played Cowher Ball.

    Once again, with facts, that is proven to be inaccurate.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •