Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Future RFA Antonio Brown Plans On Taking Different Path Than Mike Wallace

Legend

User Info Menu

He has his play-book. That's all he really needs.

Legend

User Info Menu

that's pretty impressive when jerry Rice rates you as one of the best young WRs in the league...

Ranking the NFL's top young wide receivers

By Marc Sessler
    June 16, 2012

With Miles Austin in the house, Dez Bryant might not be the best receiver on the Dallas Cowboys, even if the team insists otherwise.

Hall of Fame wideout Jerry Rice sees what most of us see, a great talent in the making, if Bryant wants to be.

"I had a chance to meet this guy in Dallas and he's a humongous receiver," Rice said on ESPN's "NFL Live" this week, per The Dallas Morning News. "If he can get his head on straight, Tony Romo's going to look for him more and they're going to be incredible out on the football field."

Rice included Bryant, 23, on his list of the top six NFL receivers under the age of 26.

Rice listed his six-pack in alphabetical order, but we'll take a shot at ranking his picks from top to bottom:

1. Victor Cruz (25), New York Giants: Strangely, the oldest of the bunch, but Cruz has quickly become the game's most exciting slot receiver.

2. A.J. Green (23), Cincinnati Bengals: Completely transformed Cincy's offense and should only improve after a full offseason with Andy Dalton.

3. Dez Bryant (23): Does he want to be a great player? It's tough to rank him this high until we know the answer. He has all the potential to lead Dallas out of the woods.

4. Percy Harvin (24), Minnesota Vikings: I want to rank Harvin higher. He means so much to the Vikings, but durability remains an issue.

5. Antonio Brown (23), Pittsburgh Steelers: Reliable and productive. Ben Roethlisberger knows he can count on Brown's hands time and again.

6. Julio Jones (24), Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons sold the house to acquire Jones and he didn't disappoint. He'll be leaned on heavily in 2012.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829e22f4/article/ranking-the-nfls-top-young-wide-receivers[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    that's pretty impressive when jerry Rice rates you as one of the best young WRs in the league...

Ranking the NFL's top young wide receivers

By Marc Sessler
    June 16, 2012

With Miles Austin in the house, Dez Bryant might not be the best receiver on the Dallas Cowboys, even if the team insists otherwise.

Hall of Fame wideout Jerry Rice sees what most of us see, a great talent in the making, if Bryant wants to be.

"I had a chance to meet this guy in Dallas and he's a humongous receiver," Rice said on ESPN's "NFL Live" this week, per The Dallas Morning News. "If he can get his head on straight, Tony Romo's going to look for him more and they're going to be incredible out on the football field."

Rice included Bryant, 23, on his list of the top six NFL receivers under the age of 26.

Rice listed his six-pack in alphabetical order, but we'll take a shot at ranking his picks from top to bottom:

1. Victor Cruz (25), New York Giants: Strangely, the oldest of the bunch, but Cruz has quickly become the game's most exciting slot receiver.

2. A.J. Green (23), Cincinnati Bengals: Completely transformed Cincy's offense and should only improve after a full offseason with Andy Dalton.

3. Dez Bryant (23): Does he want to be a great player? It's tough to rank him this high until we know the answer. He has all the potential to lead Dallas out of the woods.

4. Percy Harvin (24), Minnesota Vikings: I want to rank Harvin higher. He means so much to the Vikings, but durability remains an issue.

5. Antonio Brown (23), Pittsburgh Steelers: Reliable and productive. Ben Roethlisberger knows he can count on Brown's hands time and again.

6. Julio Jones (24), Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons sold the house to acquire Jones and he didn't disappoint. He'll be leaned on heavily in 2012.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829e22f4/article/ranking-the-nfls-top-young-wide-receivers[/URL]

Hmmm...no Mike Wallace, interesting

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Hmmm...no Mike Wallace, interesting

Pappy
    Not that interesting when you recognize that Brown is the more complete package. Like I have said many times. This season will show where Wallace and Brown rank and I'm betting Brown ranks higher when all is said and done.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Not that interesting when you recognize that Brown is the more complete package. Like I have said many times. This season will show where Wallace and Brown rank and I'm betting Brown ranks higher when all is said and done.
    I could easily see Brown getting more catches and Wallace getting more TD's.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I could easily see Brown getting more catches and Wallace getting more TD's.
    Exactly the way it should be. Wallace will be long ball threat and AB the intermediate guy who you better tackle as soon as he gets the ball cause if not he can burn ya.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers WR Antonio Brown: 'Working With Todd Haley at OTAs and Minicamp Was Something Special'

by Neal Coolong on Jul 10, 2012

If nothing else, Steelers new offensive coordinator Todd Haley has a fan in WR Antonio Brown.

So he's got that going for him. Which is nice.

Brown, appearing on Jim Rome's show, "Rome," gives Haley a lot of credit, and comes off as optimistic for the offense's chances for success under Haley.

As quoted by Pro Football Talk, Brown sees good things for the wide receivers.

"Change can be great if everyone buys in," Brown said. "We're accepting Todd Haley -- you see his history of great wide receivers. Getting a chance of working with him at OTAs and minicamp was something special."

That's definitely a good start. The speculation surrounding the offseason was QB Ben Roethlisberger's willingness to buy into Haley as the offensive coodinator. How much of that was legitimate vs. media speculation during a dead time of the news cycle remains to be seen, but what's clear is Brown went in a different direction than the team's offensive captain did.

We've endorsed Brown as a possible captain candidate in his own right (and we'll mention it again, considering today is his 24th birthday), and regardless of having played just two seasons (only one did he appear in all 16 games), his production inherently puts him into a position of leadership. He is the team's reigning MVP, after all. It's a good thing to see he's excited to follow the new direction Haley is going to lead the Steelers in 2012.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/7/10/3148647/pittsburgh-steelers-offensive-coordinator-todd-haley-antonio-brown-ben-roethlisberger[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steelers WR Antonio Brown: 'Working With Todd Haley at OTAs and Minicamp Was Something Special'

by Neal Coolong on Jul 10, 2012

If nothing else, Steelers new offensive coordinator Todd Haley has a fan in WR Antonio Brown.

So he's got that going for him. Which is nice.

Brown, appearing on Jim Rome's show, "Rome," gives Haley a lot of credit, and comes off as optimistic for the offense's chances for success under Haley.

As quoted by Pro Football Talk, Brown sees good things for the wide receivers.

"Change can be great if everyone buys in," Brown said. "We're accepting Todd Haley -- you see his history of great wide receivers. Getting a chance of working with him at OTAs and minicamp was something special."

That's definitely a good start. The speculation surrounding the offseason was QB Ben Roethlisberger's willingness to buy into Haley as the offensive coodinator. How much of that was legitimate vs. media speculation during a dead time of the news cycle remains to be seen, but what's clear is Brown went in a different direction than the team's offensive captain did.

We've endorsed Brown as a possible captain candidate in his own right (and we'll mention it again, considering today is his 24th birthday), and regardless of having played just two seasons (only one did he appear in all 16 games), his production inherently puts him into a position of leadership. He is the team's reigning MVP, after all. It's a good thing to see he's excited to follow the new direction Haley is going to lead the Steelers in 2012.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/7/10/3148647/pittsburgh-steelers-offensive-coordinator-todd-haley-antonio-brown-ben-roethlisberger[/URL]
    Sounds like Antonio is in the right frame of mind to have a big season. Team MVP at 24 is major kudos for him. He was real close to being the best receiver we had last season. This season he will be because he will be the best prepared.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Ask The Steelers: Antonio Brown

Posted July 18, 2012
    Teresa Varley - Steelers.com

Wide Receiver Antonio Brown

Bryan Sutton, Steubenville, Ohio: What was it like having Hines Ward as a mentor?
    Brown: It was special. A guy who proved his love for the game, he knows the ins and outs and was a great guy to learn from.

Dan Myers, Rochester, New York: Have you received any advice from any former Steelers receivers, guys like Lynn Swann or John Stallworth, and if so what kind and how helpful was that?
    Brown: Lynn Swann told me how much the game evolved since he played it. He told me to go out and make the key catches to help our team and put us in a good position.

Will Stuhlsatz: When I think of Antonio Brown, I think of the catch on his helmet. What is the favorite moment of your Steelers career so far?
    Brown: I have a couple of them. That would be one of them; it was a clinching catch against Baltimore. That was in the top five. My first play ever would be the best, my reverse against the Titans. Also the last catch to seal the victory against the Jets to go to the Super Bowl.

Tony Cameneti: Who is you're surprise breakout teammate for 2012?
    Brown: Baron Batch. I want to see him do really well.

Eric Ridenour, Painesville, Ohio: Since your arrival to Pittsburgh what teammate has had the greatest impact on your career and how so?
    Brown: Byron Leftwich. He is always there for me, talking to me, ever since I got drafted. He was the first guy to call me, has been a key for me. He helps me with routes and has always been there for me.

Stephen Heil, Camas, Washington: What are your thoughts on your son playing football some day?
    Brown: If he wants to, but I would never force it upon him. He is an active kid and I would support him.

Kevin Gobleck, Brunswick, Ohio: What drives you to be who you are and the way you train and perform?
    Brown: I know struggle. I have experienced it. I know where I want to be and I want to make things better for my kids. I have to put my heart in it and my best foot forward so they aren’t in the position I was in.

Noe Mejia, Las Cruces, New Mexico: How much have you grown as a player since your rookie year?
    Brown: Where I have grown the most is my outlook of the game, my perspective, my mental approach, my spiritual approach. You have to continue to evolve as you are going forward.

Maria Clark, New York, New York: If there competition between you, Mike Wallace and Emmanuel Sanders and if so, what kind?
    Brown: It’s a great competition, a friendly competition. Everybody wants to be the best. We hold each other to the best standards.

Lou Ralph, Detroit, Michigan: Seeing Hines Ward retire and having played for only the Steelers, how much would you like to have that happen to you – only one team in your career?
    Brown: That is always the goal, finish where you started. It would be an amazing feeling going down as a Steeler.

Matthew Byington, Raleigh, North Carolina: How does it feel being a star drafted in the sixth round while others drafted earlier might not live up to their expectations?
    Brown: It feels special. It shows the perseverance and dedication of a player coming from behind and working his way to the front.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Ask-The-Steelers-Antonio-Brown/eac1863d-8509-4d35-82cb-f32abc22ecad[/URL]

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Eric Ridenour, Painesville, Ohio: Since your arrival to Pittsburgh what teammate has had the greatest impact on your career and how so?
    Brown: Byron Leftwich. He is always there for me, talking to me, ever since I got drafted. He was the first guy to call me, has been a key for me. He helps me with routes and has always been there for me.
    Dude has zero starts as a Steeler...ZERO...and is still a team leader...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.