Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben: "We'll Be Running The Ball A Lot More, So Fans Should Be Happy"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    And you would know that, in the context of that Browns game, with the freezing temperatures, swirling winds and poor rush defense of the opponent,
    The Steelers went run run pass on three of their first four drives, and went three and out on all three of them.

You got what you wanted, they came out running, WITH the wind at their backs.

They got beat.

The Browns' OC had it figured out...
    \

Sure he did, that's why when they scored their first 6 points the run game had nothing to do with it. It was Josh Cribbs' punt return, and a pass on 3rd and 13 that gave them a 6-0 lead.

Watch the game Slap.

It's obvious you didn't despite you're claim of being there in person.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Don't waste your time... Crash feeds off the attention. he doesn't believe half the stuff he says.. its a shame because he has some good football knowledge but his love for Ben clouds his judgement.
    You don't even know the flaw in Ben's game. His BIGGEST flaw IMO is sometimes he tries to fit in passes in tight spots when he shouldn't. and that's basically it. That's the one big flaw he has.

I don't believe in changing Ben, I don't believe in trying to make Ben a safe, conservative, scared, fold at first sign of trouble cretin like Carson Palmer does player that doesn't win anything. Or a cookbook QB like Philip Rivers who craps the bed in big games but once his team gets down 10 points and defense's back off all of the sudden he turns into Johnny freaking U.

I've said it 1000 times in regards to Ben: You take the bad with the great. The minute that's not good enough? Send him on his way.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    The Steelers went run run pass on three of their first four drives, and went three and out on all three of them.

You got what you wanted, they came out running, WITH the wind at their backs.

They got beat.

\
    [/COLOR]
    Sure he did, that's why when they scored their first 6 points the run game had nothing to do with it. It was Josh Cribbs' punt return, and a pass on 3rd and 13 that gave them a 6-0 lead.

Watch the game Slap.

It's obvious you didn't despite you're claim of being there in person.
    I also saw a 74 yard TD drive by the Browns where all of the yardage was gained on the ground...

I'm not worried about the first six points as I am about the next seven points that won the game...

I watched the game and 40 dropbacks didn't get it done...wasn't going to get it done in that weather...

Legend

User Info Menu

I watched the game and 40 dropbacks didn't get it done...wasn't going to get it done in that weather...

And the only way they don't get to 40 is if they quit at the end of each half and walk off the field.

Until you realize that? You got nothing in this thread but wasted data space.

Rookie

User Info Menu

And the only way they don't get to 40 is if they quit at the end of each half and walk off the field.

Until you realize that? You got nothing in this thread but wasted data space.

[/COLOR]
    Or, they actually run the ball persistently in the first 28 minutes of each half...or, better yet, avoid the predictable rur-run-pass pattern...

Cleveland was persistent and won...

Legend

User Info Menu

I also saw a 74 yard TD drive by the Browns where all of the yardage was gained on the ground...
    And when was that? With 3:35 left in the half. Another LeBeau "scheme", the prevent stay back and try to chew clock at the end of the half defense that doesn't work and they give up points.

That wasn't the Browns that did it, LeBeau did it for them. It happens all the time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Or, they actually run the ball persistently in the first 28 minutes of each half...or, better yet, avoid the predictable rur-run-pass pattern
    So run run pass is predictable, but yet you want to run MORE? That makes no sense.

Cleveland didn't win because of their running game. They won because we tried to run the ball and coudn't.

Legend

User Info Menu

So run run pass is predictable, but yet you want to run MORE? That makes no sense.

Cleveland didn't win because of their running game. They won because we tried to run the ball and coudn't.

Bruce Arians was predictable and so were his formations.

the fact that we couldn't run the ball against the then NFL's worst defense was probably the beginning of the end for Arians.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Bruce Arians was predictable and so were his formations.

the fact that we couldn't run the ball against the then NFL's worst defense was probably the beginning of the end for Arians.
    Yep.

The nice thing is, we can sit here and be correct without some obsessed jagoff insulting us and telling us that we're not...

Sometimes, it is okay and even appropriate to run the ball a lot...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yep.

The nice thing is, we can sit here and be correct without some obsessed jagoff insulting us and telling us that we're not
    What...have we come to the end of the era of 46 page threads? Can i pop the bubbly???
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.