Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Do We Have Too Many DLinemen?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Hampton (entering his 12th season and turning 35 in September) and Keisel (entering his 11th season and turning 34 in September) won't be around much longer. This is the last year of Hampton's contract, and Keisel is signed for this season and next. When Big Snack and Da Beard join Aaron Smith and Chris Hoke in retirement, we'll have McLendon and Ta'Amu splitting time on the nose plus Hood and Heyward starting at the ends, with Corbin Bryant and Al Woods behind them for rotational depth purposes (they have shown some promise in training camps past, but have been primarily practice squadders up to this point...it remains to be seen if they can take the McLendon route from the P.S. that stands for Practice Squad to the P.S. that stands for Pittsburgh Steelers). If not, perhaps someone else like Kade Weston or Ikponmwosa Igbinosun (everyone's favorite name since Chris Fuamatu-Ma'Afala) can step and make the team take notice instead.
    Exactly what I was thinking Ruthless. It only seems crowded at DL right now because the Steelers are in a transition. I really like the way this is shaping up with the mix of experience and youth. The Steelers once again showing the rest of the league how to manage a team. Awesome!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

I count about 11 or 12 DL on the roster going into camp. Dare I say what could be on the horizon.........
    For some reason, Troy's jersey number just popped into my head.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    We're thin at DL.
    I actually agree with you Crash. DL is thin. McClendon has not proven he can be a starter...not yet. Hampton is out. Keisel is long in the tooth. We have a rookie and a couple young guys who can play but haven't proven they can dominate.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I actually agree with you Crash. DL is thin. McClendon has not proven he can be a starter...not yet. Hampton is out. Keisel is long in the tooth. We have a rookie and a couple young guys who can play but haven't proven they can dominate.
    Not me. We have an extremely solid 3 man rotation at DE with Keisel, Hood, and Heyward...and several guys with upside fighting for a roster spot and/or a spot on the practice squad (Bryant, Woods, Igbinosun, Stoller, Weston, Blanc). While Hampton's recovering, we'll have McLendon and Ta'Amu to split time inside (and then when Casey is ready to go, we'll be more than stocked at NT). If injuries strike at one position or the other, we have guys that are flexible enough to switch position in a pinch (McLendon can also play DE if needed while Hood can also play NT if needed).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    We're thin at DL.

you call this thin?

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    you call this thin?

Thats funny...
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    McClendon has not proven he can be a starter...not yet.
    You could have said the same thing about any starter in the NFL at one time...