Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do We Have Too Many DLinemen?

Legend

User Info Menu

The defensive line is certainly a unit in transition. At the start of last season, Aaron Smith and Chris Hoke were on the roster. They are now replaced by Ta'amu and Corbin Bryant, Al Woods or one of the UDFAs, with Hampton and Keisel both coming off of injuries.

There is a mixture of youth and experience at DE, but I think the Steelers will need to invest in, at a minimum, a rotational DE next year (largely dependent on the development of Ta'amu).

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Woodley is a 4-3 DE if we would ever shift. Guy would be a beast.

Timmons would be OLB.
    Yes, I thought about that as a possibility as well. But in that scenario, who do you put at MLB? Certainly not Foote I hope.

Of course its all piss in the wind...it isn't going to happen. Its just pissin' in the wind conversation (and I am feeling quite damp.)

Legend

User Info Menu

Woodley will not be a 4-3 DE for us. He's paid to be a OLB, and that's where he stays. His advantage as a player is because he can do both speed and power as a OLB.

Why the obsession with always trying to change people?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Woodley will not be a 4-3 DE for us. He's paid to be a OLB, and that's where he stays. His advantage as a player is because he can do both speed and power as a OLB.

This from the guy that wants Pouncey at OG so Legursky can play OC...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

This from the guy that wants Pouncey at OG so Legursky can play OC.

And WHY? Because I think if Lego has to start, I think it's better to have the better athlete at guard, and leave Lego at center.

Pouncey IMO is wasted as a C. His talent would be used BETTER at guard. If you want to run the ball? You needs guards who can block. Pouncey/Lego/DeCastro inside would be ridiculous.

I also think Lekursky is better at calling blocking schemes than Pouncey.

Legend

User Info Menu

[/COLOR]And WHY? Because I think if Lego has to start, I think it's better to have the better athlete at guard, and leave Lego at center.

Pouncey IMO is wasted as a C. His talent would be used BETTER at guard. If you want to run the ball? You needs guards who can block. Pouncey/Lego/DeCastro inside would be ridiculous.

This is different how?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Backup

User Info Menu

Are You OK? No, he's not and No we don't !!!

Legend

User Info Menu

You mean like converting college DEs to OLBs in the NFL and taking 2-3 years to do it?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

[/COLOR]And WHY? Because I think if Lego has to start, I think it's better to have the better athlete at guard, and leave Lego at center.

When healthy, Willie Colon is a far superior player to Legursky so if Pouncey?Lego?DeCastro is "ridiculous" then Colon/Pouncey/DeCastro should be super ridiculous. Let's all face the fact that Legursky is a good back-up not an NFL starter.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

D line are players that for the most part rotate. They're fatties and if you hadn't noticed they don't appear to be in the best shape. That's their job description though. You list McClendon who is a career backup. They needed three young guys to replace three old guys. They did that. Too many? Nope. Year from now we won't be screaming that we don't have replacements for the guys we lose to retirement.