Ray Lewis thrilled to see his son a Miami Hurricane
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 31, 2012, 2:07 PM EDT

We’ve been so besieged recently by parents talking about how they wouldn’t want their kids playing football that it’s refreshing to hear the pride in the voice of Ray Lewis when he discusses his son getting a football scholarship to the University of Miami.

Lewis said in an interview with Michael Irvin on WQAM that he couldn’t be prouder of his son, a running back and linebacker named Ray Lewis III who will become a Hurricane in 2013.

“There’s no greater reward, as a father,” Lewis said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “To walk into your alma mater and look at your baby — my baby — who was born on that campus. That’s what’s so special about what all happened. That boy was born on that campus my senior year, 1995. And when I walked him back there, [Miami coach Al Golden] looked at him and said, ‘We want you to be a Hurricane.’”

Lewis views having a son playing football as a blessing.

“All my hard work, all my pain, everything I’ve ever been through in life, God rewarded me that day,” Lewis said. “That thing right there, it kept motivating me all over again this offseason.”

Those who say they don’t want their sons to play cite the risks associated with the game of football. But there are also great rewards. And unlike many of the men who have been rewarded by the game of football and are now saying they wouldn’t want their sons to pursue those rewards, Lewis thinks one of the greatest rewards is that he gets to pass his passion for the game on to the next generation.
[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/31/ray-lewis-thrilled-to-see-his-son-a-miami-hurricane/[/URL]