Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers WR Mike Wallace deserves Larry Fitzgerald money

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i would agree with that at this point. i do believe that he started with that type of demand and then has toned it down abit after he realized nobody was going to give up a first rounder for him. reality has probably set in the past month and a half and knows he must lower his demands if he wants the security of a long term contract or risk injury etc. playing for the one year tender.
    Thats an interesting assertion. Why would you think that?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    can you provide some concrete examples of an out of control ego?

there has been one report that wallace wants fitz money, that has never been attributed directly to wallace.

wallace has said he thinks he can get 2000 yards in a season. Most athletes have supreme confidence in their abilities and this trait is generally applauded, except when it doesn't fit ones agenda.

if brown had said this, I doubt you or any of the other wallace detractors would try and use against him in a negative light.

the steelers will make an offer they feel is fair and it is up to mike wallace to accept or decline it. The attacks on wallace thus far are unwarranted and not based in any facts I have read or seen.
    Well, as you frequently are you are wrong assuming you know what other poster think and will do. I promise you that if next year it is attributed to Brown and not denied that he is seeking "Fitz money" my position will be exactly the same. Why? Well instead of letting you incorrectly guess allow me to tell you. It is for the exact same reason I would never pay Wallace that money. No WR can consume that much of the cap and still allow the team to retain ALL the weapons they need on offense.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

so, no concrete examples of an enlarged ego as you suggested. Got it.

and again, no where has it been concluded that mike wallace uttered those words about fitz money. But keep using it to push your agenda. No serious fan believes the steelers will offer that kind of contract.

and lastly when I was speaking about brown it was the context of him wanting to get 2000 yards in a season, not wanting fitz money. Its pretty clear if you read my post, but you will have a hard time slanting it to fit your view.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Thats an interesting assertion. Why would you think that?

well, seeing that every swinging d!ck on this and any other steeler message board and every nfl channel that was covering FA, was stating how many teams would be lining up to sign wallace to a huge contract and give up their first rounder for his services. alot of experts and non experts were discussing where he would fit and who had all the cap room to sign him. we all believed there was a good chance he would get an offer. no reason to think wallace and his agent didnt believe all the hype also. basically, common sense lead me to that assertion.

Legend

User Info Menu

every swinging d!ck
    Try to avoid these types of expressions, please. I realize that you used it as a generalized term and did not aim it at anyone in particular, but unless you are talking about our D.C. LeBeau or Todd Haley's dad or something, you shouldn't need to use the exclamation point to bypass the board filter, which is there for a reason. Thanks.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Try to avoid these types of expressions, please. I realize that you used it as a generalized term and did not aim it at anyone in particular, but unless you are talking about our D.C. LeBeau or Todd Haley's dad or something, you shouldn't need to use the exclamation point to bypass the board filter, which is there for a reason. Thanks.

sorry, my bad

Legend

User Info Menu

sorry, my bad

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe Wallace really does Want “Fitzgerald Money”

Posted In Steelers Player News,Steelers Rumor Mill
    June 2, 2012

There has been a lot made about the rumor that Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace is asking for “Larry Fitzgerald Money” in negotiations with the team. The immediate reaction was that Wallace was referencing Fitzgerald’s 8 year $128 million contract. However, perhaps, and this is assuming that this rumor holds any truth whatsoever, Wallace was referencing Fitzgerald’s first contract extension.

At the end of Fitzgerald’s rookie contract the Cardinals signed him to a four year extension at $10 million per year. This contact included $30 million guaranteed and a $15 million signing bonus. With Desean Jackson, wide receiver of the Philadelphia Eagles, signing a 5 year $50 million deal earlier this offseason it would seem fair that Wallace would land a similar deal. Most Steelers fans would also, in all likelihood, agree that fair market value for Wallace would be in the range of $10 million per year.

If you compare Wallace’s first three season to Fitzgerald’s first three there are many similarities:

Fitzgerald (2004-06) – 230 receptions, 3,135 yards, 24 TDs, 13.6 ypc

Wallace (2009-11) – 171 receptions, 3,206 yards, 24 TDs, 18.7 ypc

However, Fitzgerald had an average yearly salary of $10 million for his first seven years in the league. It wasn’t until last offseason, when Fitzgerald inked his big money deal at an average salary of over $16 million per year, that he surpassed that number. Also, it is much harder for an NFL receiver to show the level of production that Wallace has shown in his first three seasons for seven seasons.

In a pass happy league some teams have shown a willingness to offer, even average wide receivers, big time contracts to put more weapons around their quarterbacks. Pittsburgh, however, is not likely to be shelling out the big bucks to keep Wallace around. Any deal over $10 million is out of the question and even that may be well over what the Steelers have in mind. Also, with wide receivers Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders slated to become free agents after the 2012 season the Steelers will have to be smart with how they spend their money.

One thing is certain, though, Wallace will be a Steeler in 2012. It is the seasons beyond 2012 that are in question.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/maybe_wallace_really_does_want_fitzgerald_money/10926587[/URL][/QUOTE]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers reportedly likely won’t decrease Mike Wallace’s tender

JUN07

On Thursday NFL Live (via Rotoworld.com), ESPN’s Chris Mortensen said it’s ”very unlikely” that the Pittsburgh Steelers will decrease wide receiver Mike Wallace’s one-year, $2.742 million restricted tender.

“I don’t think the Steelers are going to do that with Mike Wallace,” Mortensen said

The Steelers possess the right to decrease Wallace’s tender to $577,000 by next Friday. But that clearly wouldn’t help the current stand-off between both sides.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/steelers_reportedly_likely_wont_decrease_mike_wall aces_tender/10964933[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steelers reportedly likely won’t decrease Mike Wallace’s tender

JUN07

On Thursday NFL Live (via Rotoworld.com), ESPN’s Chris Mortensen said it’s ”very unlikely” that the Pittsburgh Steelers will decrease wide receiver Mike Wallace’s one-year, $2.742 million restricted tender.

“I don’t think the Steelers are going to do that with Mike Wallace,” Mortensen said

The Steelers possess the right to decrease Wallace’s tender to $577,000 by next Friday. But that clearly wouldn’t help the current stand-off between both sides.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/steelers_reportedly_likely_wont_decrease_mike_wall aces_tender/10964933[/URL]
    Likewise, they WILL NOT increase the offer. So Wallace's absence is equivalent to a three year old having a temper tantrum because he doesn't get what he wants.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"