Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers WR Mike Wallace deserves Larry Fitzgerald money

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    here is Larry Fitzgerald's contract:

8 years / $120,000,000 - Guaranteed Money $50,000,000

since Wallace wants Larry Fitzgerald $, this is the neighborhood that Wallace is asking for. I fully realize the Steelers are not going to give him this kind of $, but for those who think that we can lowball Wallace and he will accept I think you are mistaken.
    I certainly hope that the Steelers don't lowball this young man. He's earned his paper. That said, people keep bringing up what Fitz makes as if that rumor were true when Wallace was quick to tweet "don't believe everything you hear" as soon as that rumor came out.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I certainly hope that the Steelers don't lowball this young man. He's earned his paper. That said, people keep bringing up what Fitz makes as if that rumor were true when Wallace was quick to tweet "don't believe everything you hear" as soon as that rumor came out.
    The Steelers will make an offer based on what they believe he is worth to the team, not on what Wallace or his agent believe he is worth to another team.

Legend

He only earned what fits into the cap structure that allows the team to be a perennial championship team not a mediocre team with a very good WR. If he wants to have a salary that causes us to lose other critical pieces of the team let him do it for someone else. It's about the team not some subjective assessment of "fair"
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Wallace thinks he is a 2000 yard receiver. That means he believes he is without peer in this league period.

The problem is that he will perceive reasonable offers as lowballs.

If Wallace was near as GREAT as his deluded mind thinks he would be gone. If Fitz was a restricted free agent and it took a 1st to get him, the dude would have had his pick.

You can look in the mirror and talk all you want and sing "I'm sexy and I know it", but if the finest girls in the club aint interested, your "game" aint all that you think it is.

Wallace YOUR GAME AINT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Wallace thinks he is a 2000 yard receiver. That means he believes he is without peer in this league period.

The problem is that he will perceive reasonable offers as lowballs.

If Wallace was near as GREAT as his deluded mind thinks he would be gone. If Fitz was a restricted free agent and it took a 1st to get him, the dude would have had his pick.

You can look in the mirror and talk all you want and sing "I'm sexy and I know it", but if the finest girls in the club aint interested, your "game" aint all that you think it is.

Wallace YOUR GAME AINT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS.
    The only thing that Wallace has more than speed is ego. His other WR skills are not elite.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    Did he earn a new contract?.....yes. Did his production earn him the right to be one of the highest paid Steelers?.....I don't think so. I just can't get past his numbers in the last nine games of the season last year. 36 catches, 463 yards, 3 TD's. We can talk he was double teamed and the weather, but the elite produce, and these are very pedestrian stats.

IMO, the Steelers won't lowball him but they will offer what he's worth. Unfortunately I don't believe Wallace or his agent will agree.

Pro Bowler
    that tweet doesnt mean he didnt ask for fitz money.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    that tweet doesnt mean he didnt ask for fitz money.
    I don't believe the Steelers would continue to deal with him on a contract basis if he did in fact ask for Fitzgerald money. Therefore I don't believe he IS asking for Fitz money and the media has blown it heinously out of proportion.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    I don't believe the Steelers would continue to deal with him on a contract basis if he did in fact ask for Fitzgerald money. Therefore I don't believe he IS asking for Fitz money and the media has blown it heinously out of proportion.
    i would agree with that at this point. i do believe that he started with that type of demand and then has toned it down abit after he realized nobody was going to give up a first rounder for him. reality has probably set in the past month and a half and knows he must lower his demands if he wants the security of a long term contract or risk injury etc. playing for the one year tender.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The only thing that Wallace has more than speed is ego. His other WR skills are not elite.
    can you provide some concrete examples of an out of control ego?

there has been one report that wallace wants fitz money, that has never been attributed directly to wallace.

wallace has said he thinks he can get 2000 yards in a season. Most athletes have supreme confidence in their abilities and this trait is generally applauded, except when it doesn't fit ones agenda.

if brown had said this, I doubt you or any of the other wallace detractors would try and use against him in a negative light.

the steelers will make an offer they feel is fair and it is up to mike wallace to accept or decline it. The attacks on wallace thus far are unwarranted and not based in any facts I have read or seen.