Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers WR Mike Wallace deserves Larry Fitzgerald money

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    How about Lamar Woodley? I know he was injured but he is richest Steeler player and whenever he played he struggled.
    NOPE. sorry.

Legend
    How about Lamar Woodley? I know he was injured but he is richest Steeler player and whenever he played he struggled.
    I'm sure that is really Timmons' fault because he is a "bust" and "soft agaunst the run."
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'm sure that is really Timmons' fault because he is a "bust" and "soft agaunst the run."

I think Timmons is judged by different standards because he was taken at 1.15. I think Timmons should have been in Pro-Bowl in 2010 and in 2011 he was moved all over the place because of injuries to other LB corp. Timmons played well last season. He was not a pro-bowl player last season but can't blame him. He was the best LB Steelers had. I think spence and Timmons could become explosive dynamic LB pair on 3rd down this year.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

Legend

I think Timmons is judged by different standards because he was taken at 1.15. I think Timmons should have been in Pro-Bowl in 2010 and in 2011 he was moved all over the place because of injuries to other LB corp. Timmons played well last season. He was not a pro-bowl player last season but can't blame him. He was the best LB Steelers had. I think spence and Timmons could become explosive dynamic LB pair on 3rd down this year.
    I agree. Timmons will never get the credit he deserves.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend
    I wonder if Walace has noticed what Sidney Crosby just did. Essentially took no pay raise in order to help the team and keep them healthy under the salary cap so that the flexibility to make the team better is there. A very different attitude than looking at the top salary and wanting to be at that number just because.

If Wallace drags this out he will have a serious public relations issues with the fans in Pittsburgh especially when we all know what a class act gesture Crosby just did.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I wonder if Walace has noticed what Sidney Crosby just did. Essentially took no pay raise in order to help the team and keep them healthy under the salary cap so that the flexibility to make the team better is there. A very different attitude than looking at the top salary and wanting to be at that number just because.

If Wallace drags this out he will have a serious public relations issues with the fans in Pittsburgh especially when we all know what a class act gesture Crosby just did.
    You can't compare a guy like Crosby who is the face of the franchise and who already made a ton of money to Wallace's situation.

when you consider how much time he missed and the possibility of another concussion forcing him out for an extended period of time one has to wonder if the Pens made the right decision.

Wallace wants the team to show him the money in case he gets injured like Crosby...

apples to oranges on this one IMO.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    You can't compare a guy like Crosby who is the face of the franchise and who already made a ton of money to Wallace's situation.

when you consider how much time he missed and the possibility of another concussion forcing him out for an extended period of time one has to wonder if the Pens made the right decision.

Wallace wants the team to show him the money in case he gets injured like Crosby...

apples to oranges on this one IMO.
    We can disagree but I think it speaks to a players perspective. Crosby made the money he made because he really was the best in the world. Wallace only wants to thinks he is the best in world. Crosby was clearly already making less than Ovechkin and was willing not to force the Penguins to take him to that level or above. Wallace looks at Fitzgerald and says I need to be there because its the biggest number.

If Wallace wants to be the face of the Steelers make the sacrifices that earns you that status.

After all these discussions, I just hope Wallace didn't ask for Fitzgerald money and it turns out to be a rumor.

I can understand Wallace wanting a long term deal. I can understand him wanting to start negotiations around the 50 mil range. But how can he think he's worth 125 mil? Personally, I don't think any WR is worth that money but I KNOW Wallace isn't worth that money. Doesn't Wallace find it embarrasing that he's asking for money that just about the entire population knows he isn't worth? It's laughable and he's making a fool of himself (if it's not a rumor).
    Like I said, it's one thing to start negotiations on the high end. But 125 million? Come on Wallace, get real.

Legend
    Crosby had one concussion as a Penguin. The second issue was the un-diagnosed nerve issue in his neck. Which sometimes can mirror concussion symptoms.

Much of his contract is covered by insurance. Not fully, but enough that if he has to quit early it won't affect this teams budget all that much.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Crosby had one concussion as a Penguin. The second issue was the un-diagnosed nerve issue in his neck. Which sometimes can mirror concussion symptoms.

Much of his contract is covered by insurance. Not fully, but enough that if he has to quit early it won't affect this teams budget all that much.
    I'm definitely not questioning his toughness or extent of his injury..

What's up with the doctors who missed that neck injury?