Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: David Johnson is your new Steelers full time Fullback

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    Believe it or not, DJ blocked well from the fullback position last season. He's not a great offensive threat at tight end, so it makes sense to me. The more reps he gets just at one position, the more proficient he will be. I am one of DJ's few fans.
    No he didnt. Half the time he runs thru the hole and doesnt touch a body
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

WEDNESDAY, MAY 23, 2012
    posted by Dale Lolley

OTA news and notes

Isaac Redman told reporters today that the Steelers do, indeed, have a fullback on the roster. The Steelers have moved David Johnson to fullback on a full-time basis.

Redman said this will help Johnson as a blocker since he formerly had to go to tight end meetings and did not attend sessions with the running backs. Redman, who is glad about the change, said the running backs will be better able to show Johnson where they would like their lead blocker during their film breakdowns.

[URL]http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

MarkKaboly_Trib via twitter:

Liking what I see from Will Johnson at fullback

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    No he didnt. Half the time he runs thru the hole and doesnt touch a body
    I'm sorry you're regurgitating the common claptrap and bad rap. I've reviewed the games. That's a total lie. DJ he makes a very solid block, almost every time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    I'm sorry you're regurgitating the common claptrap and bad rap. I've reviewed the games. That's a total lie. DJ he makes a very solid block, almost every time.
    I can't remember a game where I once said "Good block" by DJ, even though I have said that about his catches. I have said "Hey DJ, how about you put the meat on a defender for once" many times.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Remember that game from Feb. 6th 2011? DJ made a heck of a block to help Mendy fumble the ball. This is going to be one of the few things wrong with the Offense. I hope the guy saying DJ is good is proven right.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Can't they find a better FB than DJ??? DJ can't block and he can't catch. He is one of the biggest reason why Steelers don't have 7th SB.

Where is Dan Krieder nowadays?
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

OTA news and notes

Isaac Redman told reporters today that the Steelers do, indeed, have a fullback on the roster. The Steelers have moved David Johnson to fullback on a full-time basis.

Redman said this will help Johnson as a blocker since he formerly had to go to tight end meetings and did not attend sessions with the running backs. Redman, who is glad about the change, said the running backs will be better able to show Johnson where they would like their lead blocker during their film breakdowns.

@ Draft picks David DeCastro, Mike Adams and Alameda Ta'amu are not at these OTAs because their colleges are still in session.

@ Linebacker Jason Worilds was at the session today but not practicing. He has a cast on his left wrist.

Defensive end Brett Keisel is among those not here as well. He's still recovering from his groin injury suffered against Denver.

@ Talked to Keenan Lewis today. He feels like the starting job is his to lose after logging more than 500 defensive snaps last season.

He also said he's been in constant contact with teammate Mike Wallace and that it is difficult seeing people rip his friend for not being at the OTAs. The other players don't mind.

@ Also spoke with Maurkice Pouncey briefly about the new offense. He said that the blocking scheme isn't different, just some different verbiage.

He also likes the move of Willie Colon to guard. Said it gives the Steelers a lot of nasty in the middle of the line.
    Reading between the lines, it seems like the running backs aren't always pleased with Johnson's decisions as a lead blocker.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    even worse, the goat was just a kid...
    Well played, sir...well played...

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    MarkKaboly_Trib via twitter:

Liking what I see from Will Johnson at fullback

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/[/URL]
    The scouting reports I've read for Will Johnson make him sound more like a John L. Williams type of fullback rather than a Dan Kreider type of fullback, which can be a good thing for this offense, since Haley seems to want to involve the RB's more in the passing game.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.