Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: David Johnson is your new Steelers full time Fullback

Legend

User Info Menu

David Johnson is your new Steelers full time Fullback

David Johnson is your new Steelers full time Fullback

May 23,2012

So it appears that new Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley is putting at least some type of emphasis on the fullback position after all. Many fans were wondering if the team would draft a FB late in the draft last month, or perhaps pick up an undrafted free agent to fill that role. Things became a bit more clear, or perhaps even more clouded depending on how you look at it, according to Ed Bouchette via his blog:

Excerpt below (the full story can be read for subscribers). Either way there definitely appears to be a change of emphasis on the style of running that the Steelers will do.

"Steelers just finished their second spring practice and halfback Isaac Redman dropped some news – tight end David Johnson has been moved to fullback on a fulltime basis. He no longer attends meetings with the tight ends and will be part of the running backs meetings. Redman also said there will be more emphasis put on the running game this season."

to read the rest of the story click on the link below:

[URL]http://www.steeleraddicts.com/2012/05[/URL]...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Yay. Yoi!

Legend

User Info Menu

Someone tell them that when we said we wanted a fullback, we meant we wanted a GOOD fullback!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I am mystified that this is the best they can do at the FB position.

Legend

User Info Menu

Should have given that honor to Legs.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Should have given that honor to Legs.
    I hope Legs is our FB in short yardage and goal line situations.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Heaven forbid we get a REAL fullback.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Believe it or not, DJ blocked well from the fullback position last season. He's not a great offensive threat at tight end, so it makes sense to me. The more reps he gets just at one position, the more proficient he will be. I am one of DJ's few fans.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    Believe it or not, DJ blocked well from the fullback position last season. He's not a great offensive threat at tight end, so it makes sense to me. The more reps he gets just at one position, the more proficient he will be. I am one of DJ's few fans.
    I really want to be one of his fans. I can't tell you exactly how many, but I remember seeing him run through holes, hitting no one. The defenders let him past, just to hit the runner. After the tackle DJ was standing in the middle of the field looking around.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    I really want to be one of his fans. I can't tell you exactly how many, but I remember seeing him run through holes, hitting no one. The defenders let him past, just to hit the runner. After the tackle DJ was standing in the middle of the field looking around.
    The rule of thumb in football is, even if you miss your assignment, hit someone!!!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.