Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Kovacevic: Get over it, Ben

Legend
    HOUSTON -- Minnesota Vikings star running back Adrian Peterson was arrested on a charge of resisting arrest after an early-morning incident where police say it took three officers to subdue him.

Suspend him!

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    HOUSTON -- Minnesota Vikings star running back Adrian Peterson was arrested on a charge of resisting arrest after an early-morning incident where police say it took three officers to subdue him.

Suspend him!

Adrian Peterson says “truth will surface”

Posted by Mike Florio on July 8, 2012

Arrested for resisting arrest and accused of pushing an off-duty police officer, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has addressed the situation on Twitter.

“Thank you for waiting for the facts,” he said. “Truth will surface.”

And the truth (or at least Peterson’s version of it) presumably will be different from the allegations against him. Paraphrasing a bounty-related quote recently posted by Browns linebacker Scott Fujita, Peterson says, “A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.”

Of course, nothing stops Peterson from professing his version of the truth right now, on Twitter or elsewhere. But he’s surely under orders from his lawyer(s) to not talk about the details, since anything Peterson says can and will be used against him within the confines of his potential prosecution.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-will-surface/

Legend
    Truth doesn't matter. One of the most recognizable names in the NFL was arrested and subdued by numerous police officers. An obvious tarnishing of the shield and he is now subject to PCP suspension since he was charged with a crime.

If Goodell's not motivated by those in the black media who demanded he make an example of a white, uncharged two time Super Bowl winning QB? This should be a no brainer.

Antonio Brown: Todd Haley “seems like a real friendly guy”

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 9, 2012

When new Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley was hired, the questions in Pittsburgh were mostly about whether the famously prickly Haley could get along with the players on Pittsburgh’s offense. But Steelers receiver Antonio Brown says that’s not a concern at all.

Brown told Jim Rome on Rome that after working with Haley in minicamp and Organized Team Activities this summer, he’s come away impressed with the fact that when Haley gets on players, it’s because he genuinely cares about bringing out the best in them.

“You’ve got to respond well when coaches get up in your face,” Brown said. “He seems like a real friendly guy who’s demanding the best for you. You can’t take it personally. You’ve got to use it all for the better.”

I haven’t heard any players refer to Haley as “a real friendly guy” before (I think the closest thing to a compliment I had ever heard one of Haley’s players give him before was when Steve Breaston referred to Haley as “not always a butthole“), but Brown says that Haley’s approach is just what the Steelers need.

“Change can be great if everyone buys in. We’re accepting Todd Haley — you see his history of great wide receivers,” he said. “Getting a chance of working with him at OTAs and minicamp was something special.”

From Brown’s description, it sounds like the Steelers are getting a friendlier version of Haley. It remains to be seen whether that will last once the season starts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-friendly-guy/
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 07-09-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    I love the "not always a butthole" description. Makes me chuckle every time.

Mike Tomlin sets the tone. Both Mike and LeBeau (the Dean of NFL Coordinators) are both chill dudes. I don't think that Haley will be nearly as combustible as so many think he will be. This is a very different situation than where he has been before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Mike Tomlin sets the tone. Both Mike and LeBeau (the Dean of NFL Coordinators) are both chill dudes. I don't think that Haley will be nearly as combustible as so many think he will be. This is a very different situation than where he has been before.
    I think there is a lot of truth to this...

Previously, Haley worked for Bill Parcells in NY and in Dallas...in-between, he worked for Dick Jauron in Chicago...

Did anyone ever hear about Haley in Chicago? Nope. All you heard was that Marty Booker (MARTY BOOKER!!!) made the Pro Bowl...

Then, he came to the circus in Dallas, having to deal with Terrell Owens, with attention whore Jerry Jones setting the tone for the team...

Then, to Arizona, where he worked for 1st time HC Whisenhunt after working for Parcells...

Then, to Kansas City, working for another attention whore named Scott Pioli...

Not only is Tomlin an experienced, SB winning HC, the entire Steelers culture is different from the Rooneys down through Colbert and Tomlin...and to the team...

Also, if I were Haley, I'd keep it under control so I didn't embarrass my dad...

I don't care what Crash says or thinks, Ben is a really good guy...

Roethlisberger Sends Special Video Message To A Colorado Steelers Fan Fighting Cancer

Wednesday, July 11th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger recently sent a very special video message to a Steelers fan who lives in Brighton, Colorado that is battling breast cancer, according to his official website.

Word apparently got to Roethlisberger about the time that he was hosting his annual football camp in late June that Julia Pollock, 38, had been battling her illness since 2010. Roethlisberger sent Pollock a video message, which you can watch below, to offer up his support and prayers. Pollock was videoed in the hospital while receiving the message, and that too has also been posted to Youtube.

Pollock sent Roethlisberger a thank you letter telling the Steelers quarterback that the doctors informed her that the cancer is now in her spine and affecting her brain, but that she continues to fight through it. In the letter she states that the video email she received from him meant the world to her and that after 52 days of being bed ridden in the hospital, she is back at home with her family and getting stronger everyday.

Pollock also writes that her sister has secured tickets for the two of them to the opening Sunday night game against the Denver Broncos and that she will be in attendance wearing her No. 7 Roethlisberger jersey to cheer them on.

You can read the letter that Pollock wrote to Roethlisberger in its entirety here and this certainly is a touching story that shows the good that professional athletes do that is not often publicized.

Keep fighting Julia, Steeler Nation is behind you.

Letter posted on http://bigben7.com:

Hello my name is Julia Pollock.

I battled breast cancer in 2010. In January 2011 I thought I had won the battle, but unfortunately I had not. The cancer is now in my spine and affecting my brain. They say it is terminal. I’m 38 hrs old and refuse to accept that. I still have so much I need to do.

I want Ben to know that his video email meant the world to me not just because I bleed black and gold and watching him every Sunday makes my week but because I’ve ALWAYS known him to be a man with a good heart. When I received the message I was in the hospital and I swear that was the moment I realized I had to fight like I was playing those dumb Ravens in a playoff game. Lol. After 52 days bed ridden in the hospital I am home with my family in Brighton,CO. I’m getting stronger everyday. I guess you could say this is my training camp.

I worked at a hardware store in Steamboat Springs, CO. We employee 45 or so employees. When they all saw the video message they reacted as I did with one exception. They all turned to Steeler Nation or better yet Ben Nation. Every Saturday at work I dress in my jersey for pre-game day. I’ve done this for 6 years. I have had to endure a lot from all my friends and customers. I never would have thought that one genuine and heart felt message could change all of their minds and that they are using words like classy, stand up, awesome and great guy when using Ben in a sentence. Thank you sooo much for your gift. I will treasure it forever.

I know your busy getting ready for the season which is why I’m taken back by your act of kindness. My sister was able to get tickets for her and I to go see you play the Broncos on Sunday night opener. Even though she was only able to get the 2 tickets and my whole family can’t go I’m beyond excited. I’ll be the one yelling and cheering you guys on to a victory in a hostile Bronco crowd wearing my Big Ben jersey with pride. The least I can do after you cheered me on. Thank you with all my heart. I do truly do believe the Lord works in mysterious ways and miracles happen. I have to, I’m a Steeler fan, right?

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...ancer/11198440

These aren’t your dad’s Pittsburgh Steelers

Posted by Bob Diodati
    July 15, 2012

Tough nosed, no complaints, hard hitting, gritty, do whatever it takes to win; we know that’s the Pittsburgh Steelers mantra. Maybe in years past it was. This year, they don’t like the playbook, don’t like their contracts, and they’re old. We have heard Ben Roethlisberger complain about the coordinator change and how hard it is to switch playbooks. Mike Wallace is holding out for Larry Fitzgerald money. The mix of young and old is pointing towards a transition, and yes “a rebuilding year”. Rebuilding has not been in the Steelers vocabulary for the past 20 years, but this year it is appropriate.

The good thing for Steelers fans is that rebuilding in Pittsburgh means 8-8 or 9-7. The schedule isn’t easy this year, the Steelers can hope for four wins against the Bengals and Browns, and hopefully two more against the Raiders and Chiefs. Winning two or three out of the other 10 games shouldn’t be very hard. It’s not something any Steelers fan wants to hear, but here is why the season is going to turn out that way.

The offense is uncertain. Roethlisberger isn’t adapting well to the change in coordinators. Some quarterbacks roll with the punches, but Ben isn’t one of them. It will be a transition. Mendenhall is out for at least the first part of the season, and while Isaac Redman performed well last year, he needs some help in the backfield. All that is behind Redman are unproven commodities. Also, expect Mike Wallace to hold out deep into the preseason. This will delay him being effective as he could be until about week 6. Jericho Crotchery, Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown are certainly capable, but they need to be supported by a number one wide receiver like Wallace. The Steelers picked up two highly touted linemen in the draft, Guard David DeCastro and Tackle Mike Adams, but it generally takes a year for linemen to perfect their craft. Until the two new guys get familiar with the NFL, and Tackle Marcus Gilbert gets another year under this belt, don’t expect this line to be much better than last year.

The defensive line (Casey Hampton and Brett Keisel) are getting old and the two picks spent on Cameron Heyward and Ziggy Hood aren’t producing as expected. Unless those two guys step up their play this year, there won’t be much room for the linebackers to roam the field. The linebackers are solid, but Harrison is showing his age. Woodley is still dominant on the outside, but without James Farrior the inside is weaker. The secondary is Ike Taylor and………. Well….. whoever steps up. William Gay proved he is a nickel corner at best, and there are many young guys positioning themselves to take over the second starting corner spot. The safeties are the strong point of the team, Polamalu is older but still capable, and Ryan Clark has shown no signs of slowing down.

The outlook isn’t very bright unless you’re drinking the black and gold kool –aid. The good news is Roethlisberger is the ultimate competitor and I would expect he gets over the coordinator change fairly quickly. He wants to win. Wallace is an elite wide receiver and should return to form by mid season. If the offensive line can somehow put together some solid protection, this passing offense could flourish. Maybe DeCastro and Adams can make an impact right away. This could be the year that Heyward and Hood step up, and a young corner emerges. The Steelers won’t be out of the playoff race early, they are talented, but everything pointing towards a transition year. This is a team that lost to the Broncos in the wild card round last year, and don’t look any better this year. This year may be the building block to the next run of Lombardi trophies in Pittsburgh.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...elers/11222944

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    These aren’t your dad’s Pittsburgh Steelers

Posted by Bob Diodati
    July 15, 2012

Tough nosed, no complaints, hard hitting, gritty, do whatever it takes to win; we know that’s the Pittsburgh Steelers mantra. Maybe in years past it was. This year, they don’t like the playbook, don’t like their contracts, and they’re old. We have heard Ben Roethlisberger complain about the coordinator change and how hard it is to switch playbooks. Mike Wallace is holding out for Larry Fitzgerald money. The mix of young and old is pointing towards a transition, and yes “a rebuilding year”. Rebuilding has not been in the Steelers vocabulary for the past 20 years, but this year it is appropriate.

The good thing for Steelers fans is that rebuilding in Pittsburgh means 8-8 or 9-7. The schedule isn’t easy this year, the Steelers can hope for four wins against the Bengals and Browns, and hopefully two more against the Raiders and Chiefs. Winning two or three out of the other 10 games shouldn’t be very hard. It’s not something any Steelers fan wants to hear, but here is why the season is going to turn out that way.

The offense is uncertain. Roethlisberger isn’t adapting well to the change in coordinators. Some quarterbacks roll with the punches, but Ben isn’t one of them. It will be a transition. Mendenhall is out for at least the first part of the season, and while Isaac Redman performed well last year, he needs some help in the backfield. All that is behind Redman are unproven commodities. Also, expect Mike Wallace to hold out deep into the preseason. This will delay him being effective as he could be until about week 6. Jericho Crotchery, Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown are certainly capable, but they need to be supported by a number one wide receiver like Wallace. The Steelers picked up two highly touted linemen in the draft, Guard David DeCastro and Tackle Mike Adams, but it generally takes a year for linemen to perfect their craft. Until the two new guys get familiar with the NFL, and Tackle Marcus Gilbert gets another year under this belt, don’t expect this line to be much better than last year.

The defensive line (Casey Hampton and Brett Keisel) are getting old and the two picks spent on Cameron Heyward and Ziggy Hood aren’t producing as expected. Unless those two guys step up their play this year, there won’t be much room for the linebackers to roam the field. The linebackers are solid, but Harrison is showing his age. Woodley is still dominant on the outside, but without James Farrior the inside is weaker. The secondary is Ike Taylor and………. Well….. whoever steps up. William Gay proved he is a nickel corner at best, and there are many young guys positioning themselves to take over the second starting corner spot. The safeties are the strong point of the team, Polamalu is older but still capable, and Ryan Clark has shown no signs of slowing down.

The outlook isn’t very bright unless you’re drinking the black and gold kool –aid. The good news is Roethlisberger is the ultimate competitor and I would expect he gets over the coordinator change fairly quickly. He wants to win. Wallace is an elite wide receiver and should return to form by mid season. If the offensive line can somehow put together some solid protection, this passing offense could flourish. Maybe DeCastro and Adams can make an impact right away. This could be the year that Heyward and Hood step up, and a young corner emerges. The Steelers won’t be out of the playoff race early, they are talented, but everything pointing towards a transition year. This is a team that lost to the Broncos in the wild card round last year, and don’t look any better this year. This year may be the building block to the next run of Lombardi trophies in Pittsburgh.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...elers/11222944
    This guy is a moron. Talk about overstating a glass being half empty.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!