Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 110 of 110

Thread: Can Isaac Redman Shoulder The Load For The Steelers' Running Game in 2012?

  1. #101
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If Mendenhall doesn't come back this season, I would be shocked if Redman ran for less than 1200 yards this season.
    I'll take the under on 1200 yards because I think the very thing that makes everyone love Redman, running hard, is going to get him dinged to the point he misses games. In addition, I think Dwyer knows this is his year to put up or find another job and he will be a viable option and get at least 75-100 carries if Mendy doesn't come back.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  2. #102
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'll take the under on 1200 yards because I think the very thing that makes everyone love Redman, running hard, is going to get him dinged to the point he misses games. In addition, I think Dwyer knows this is his year to put up or find another job and he will be a viable option and get at least 75-100 carries if Mendy doesn't come back.
    I think one most also factor in that Redman will get more attention from opponents with Mendy being injured. I still believe Mendy will be back after 6 games.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

  3. #103
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,633
    More attention? Nah... Redman is our short yardage back and he got tons of attention on 3rd and 1 and they couldn't stop him 80% of the time... he will get the same amount of attention he got in the Denver game...

  4. #104
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    23,512
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I still believe Mendy will be back after 6 games.
    Me too. Last year, Mendenhall had 228 carries and Redman had 110 carries. With Mendenhall missing the first 6 games, Redman taking the reins in September and October, and they having those two essentially split carries through November and December to ease Mendenhall back into the swing of things, I would expect those numbers to ultimately be reversed for this season...about 228 carries for Redman and about 110 carries for Mendenhall.


    Final Ruthless Mock:
    1.22 CB Marcus Peters, 6'0" 197 lbs., Washington
    2.56 FS Damarious Randall, 5'11" 196 lbs., Arizona State
    3.87 TE Clive Walford, 6'4" 251 lbs., Miami
    4.121 DE Henry Anderson, 6'6" 294 lbs., Stanford
    5.160 WR Titus Davis, 6'1" 196 lbs., Central Michigan
    6.199 OLB Kyle Emanuel, 6'3" 255 lbs., North Dakota State
    6.212c OLB Max Valles, 6'5" 251 lbs., Virginia
    7.239 RB John Crockett, 6'0" 217 lbs., North Dakota State

  5. #105
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The reason Mendenhall is pressing to return is because he knows Redman will show out behind this OL.
    Don't discredit the fact that if Redman will show behind this line Mendenhall certainly will. I whole heartedly believe that Mendenhall behind this line could enter elite territory if he's healthy.

  6. #106
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I think one most also factor in that Redman will get more attention from opponents with Mendy being injured. I still believe Mendy will be back after 6 games.
    IMO, that would be really good for Redman. For a young, unproven guy like this, I think it's good to have a fire constantly under him, to make him not take anything for granted. I don't know much about Redman, but I think a lot of young people (not just football players) can quickly get a sense of complacency/entitlement and NOT push themselves when they need to.

    In the ideal situation, Redman comes out of the gates and runs well. If/when Mendenhall comes back (around Week 6), Redman will feel pressure to continue to stay in games (as mentioned, he will get dinged no matter what), knowing that last year's starter is back and wanting his job back. If Mendy doesn't come back, I think a young guy like Redman might take a more laxed approach to battling through injury/adversity.

  7. #107
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Don't discredit the fact that if Redman will show behind this line Mendenhall certainly will. I whole heartedly believe that Mendenhall behind this line could enter elite territory if he's healthy.
    I'm thinking you might be right. I think Mendy has elite talent if he can get to the second level. The problem has been that our line doesn't let that happen very often. That is why Redman has been more successful (in my opinion) running behind our bad line. He hits what should be the hole and then pushes, digs, scrounges, squirms, and fights for every inch.

    I hope Mendy comes back better than he was and puts highlights on Sports Center every week. I hope Redman does the same thing.

  8. #108
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I'm thinking you might be right. I think Mendy has elite talent if he can get to the second level. The problem has been that our line doesn't let that happen very often. That is why Redman has been more successful (in my opinion) running behind our bad line. He hits what should be the hole and then pushes, digs, scrounges, squirms, and fights for every inch.

    I hope Mendy comes back better than he was and puts highlights on Sports Center every week. I hope Redman does the same thing.
    I have to agree with you. I believe Mendy is more dangerous in open field and he has good pair of hands.

    With improved O-line (on paper for now) and contract year Mendy might put some crazy numbers if healthy.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

  9. #109
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,633
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I have to agree with you. I believe Mendy is more dangerous in open field and he has good pair of hands.

    With improved O-line (on paper for now) and contract year Mendy might put some crazy numbers if healthy.
    Mend has all the makings of an elite RB once he gets to the second level.. the problem though is he rarely gets there and is easily tackled. I'm hoping the Mendenhall of 2010 in the playoffs shows up. That guy was a beast...

    I was extremely disappointed with him last year.

  10. #110
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,565
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Mend has all the makings of an elite RB once he gets to the second level.. the problem though is he rarely gets there and is easily tackled. I'm hoping the Mendenhall of 2010 in the playoffs shows up. That guy was a beast...

    I was extremely disappointed with him last year.
    I've said it many times. Can't judge anything about offensive performance given the bad OL we have had. Put Mendy behind a solid OL and he will do very well.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •