Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Max Starks according to Sirius today

Legend

User Info Menu

Max Starks according to Sirius today

Dont know if anyone else heard this but a caller asked about Max Starks today.
    They said he was in the best shape of his life,looked really healthy for a guy after surgery and his upperbody was well defined.
    Just putting it out there.
    Could make this team in place of Scott as a swing tackle.

Administrator

User Info Menu

It's possible if Adams isn't ready, I wouldn't mind Starks playing. He's still relatively young, just turning 30. Surprisingly, because he seems like he's been here forever.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Starks comes back as a backup.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Adams,Colon,Pouncey,DeCastro,Gilbert
    Starks,Essex,Legursky,Foster
    2 backup tackles,3 backup guards & 3 backup centers
    Lot of versatility with this group of subs.
    Not looking to shabby if we get Starks back...
    It is a well known fact that Max loves the city of Pittsburgh as well as the Steelers even though hes been cut and benched.

Legend

User Info Menu

Man is looking thin

MS4_profile_photo.jpg

Backup

User Info Menu

Love to have Max back. He is our security blanket if Adam isnt ready.

Legend

User Info Menu

FRIDAY, 18 MAY 2012

WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

--- Many people have asked me if the Steelers plan to re-sign Max Starks, who had ACL surgery in January. I was told they would look at him again in June to see what kind of shape he’s in and how his recovery is coming along. I was told that before the draft and really have not talked to anyone about him since then. They have nothing to lose by taking a look at Starks but I don’t know if they want him as a backup. They do have depth at tackle when you consider Jonathan Scott along with Trai Essex and even Colon.

[URL="http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/116414-ed-steelers-all-defense-team-of-21st-c"]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...team-of-21st-c[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Starks awaits another chance in NFL

by Mark Kaboly - Tribune Review
    Saturday, May 19.2012

The Steelers' Max Starks back in the fold during practice on the South Side Oct/ 5, 2011. (Chaz Palla | Tribune-Review)

Here are the Steelers’ current left tackle options:

Player Age Ht Wt G GS

Max Starks* 30 6-8 345 107 79

Jonathan Scott 29 6-6 310 59 29

Trai Essex 29 6-4 324 75 28

Mike Adams 22 6-7 323 0 0

* — Unrestricted free agent

When the Steelers decided to move Willie Colon to left guard and keep Marcus Gilbert at right tackle, the one person they didn’t have in mind to fill the void at left tackle was Max Starks.

The veteran free agent has yet to be contacted by the Steelers, seemingly further solidifying the team’s intentions of giving rookie second-round pick Mike Adams every opportunity of winning the left tackle job in training camp.

“I have not had contact with management or anybody like that,” Starks said Friday while on his way to rehab his surgically repaired knee in Phoenix. “I guess eventually I will hear something from them … or maybe not.”

The Steelers seem intent on revamping their offensive line, even if that means doing something they rarely do: Start rookie offensive linemen.

The Steelers have started a rookie up front to open the season three times since the 1970 merger — Tom Ricketts in 1989, Marvel Smith in 2000 and Maurkice Pouncey in 2010.

They could have two — Adams and first-round pick David DeCastro — in the starting lineup Week 1 in Denver.

The Steelers plan to have Adams, Jonathan Scott and Trai Essex battle for the starting left tackle spot during camp.

“As for myself, I don’t see (me being a part of that battle) unless there is something I don’t know,” Starks said.

Starks likely won’t be ready for the start of training camp anyway.

It’s been about four months since Dr. James Bradley repaired the ACL Starks tore in his right knee during the wild-card playoff loss to Denver.

“I am pretty good, actually,” Starks said. “I am starting lateral work movement with my ACL, and everything is moving along nicely.”

Starks has a follow-up visit with Bradley soon during which he will get a better grasp on how far along he is. An ACL tear typically carries a nine-month recovery. With that time frame, Starks would be ready close to opening week.

“It would be pushing it to be in training camp,” Starks said. “It is not unfeasible. Athletes push it to be ready in six months, but my mindset is to be ready to play by Week 1. That’s a realistic goal for me.”

If Adams doesn’t catch on quickly, the Steelers could call on Starks like they did last season.

Starks was cut two days before training camp in a salary dump. After struggling up front during the first month, the Steelers signed Starks heading into Week 5. Starks started the remaining nine games at left tackle and played well.

Starks doesn’t know whether, if called upon again, he could replicate last season’s performance, mostly because of having a new offensive coordinator in Todd Haley.

“I would need a week or so to get the plays down and the terminology,” Starks said. “It would be a different situation even coming back to the Steelers. I just want to get healthy and play for somebody. I have the mindset of rehabbing and make sure my knee is in the best possible shape and be ready to go when someone calls.”

As for the Steelers making that call?

“If the situation arises, it is something that I would definitely be interested in,” Starks said.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/1820967-85/starks-steelers-camp-ready-tackle-adams-training-week-acl-offensive[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Not being there to learn the new offense will be challenge and will make it difficult for him to do what he did last year. They need to get him in sooner rather than later.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

“I would need a week or so to get the plays down and the terminology,” Starks said. “
    ... Either he is a friggin genius or doesn't know how complex the new playbook is yet!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Last year, you didn't have Starks until week 5, but he saved your season.

This year, he's injured and may not be ready for the start of the season.

Why not sign him now to a minimal one year deal, let him learn the new system during OTA's, and if his ACL prevents him from being able to go from day one, just have him start the year on PUP like Mendenhall. We'd then be guaranteed to have him after 6 weeks this year (not all that different that lucking into him still being available in week 5 last year).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.