Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Max Starks according to Sirius today

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Don't forget your also have Trai "I can play everywhere" Essex supposedly looking like he is in great shape. You could dump Jon Scott and have Essex back up Starks/Adams at LT and at LG and at C and at RG and at RT.
    The 7 active gameday roster spots should be Adams, Colon, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert, Legursky, and Starks.

Legursky will back up all 3 interior line spot as well as being a goalline fullback (he gets a helmet over Foster due to the ability to play center). The loser of the Adams/Starks battle for starting LT will be the gameday swing tackle. If Starks is not physically ready to play game 1, then Essex is moved up to the active roster for the time being.

The gameday inactives should be Foster and Essex. Beachum will likely be on the practice squad.

Think of the jumbo set we could use at the goalline...23 personnel with our extra tackle in as the 3rd blocking TE. Redman at halfback, Legursky at fullback...Miller-Adams-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Gilbert-Starks-Saunders up front.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The 7 active gameday roster spots should be Adams, Colon, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert, Legursky, and Starks.

Legursky will back up all 3 interior line spot as well as being a goalline fullback (he gets a helmet over Foster due to the ability to play center). The loser of the Adams/Starks battle for starting LT will be the gameday swing tackle. If Starks is not physically ready to play game 1, then Essex is moved up to the active roster for the time being.

The gameday inactives should be Foster and Essex. Beachum will likely be on the practice squad.

Think of the jumbo set we could use at the goalline...23 personnel with our extra tackle in as the 3rd blocking TE. Redman at halfback, Legursky at fullback...Miller-Adams-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Gilbert-Starks-Saunders up front.
    Probably close to right. I think it will be interesting to see when Starks is cleared for contact. Adams should get lots of early reps in camp and we will see in very short order how well he can deal with the likes of Timmons, Harrison and Woodley.

I really like the Beachum pick and he could be the replacement for Colon in a couple of years.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I really like the Beachum pick and he could be the replacement for ESSEX in a couple of years.
    Fixed that for you.

From the writeups on Beachum, sounds like he is versatile and very smart. I think that makes him ideal as a backup swing lineman in the Essex mold. Hopefully he improves beyond that, but if the Steelers end up with a capable backup at a number of positions for 5+ years, that is absolutely a success for a seventh round comp pick.