Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Max Starks according to Sirius today

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    I agree with Shawn agreeing with Philly
    The Steeler front office must have someone lurking the message boards in case a knowledgable fan comes up with a good idea.
    And that is a good idea. They finally listened to us and put Colon at guard, Im sure Starks will get a call soon.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    I agree with Shawn agreeing with Philly
    I agree with fordfixer and Shawn but not Philly. I never agree with anybody from Philly.

As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Free agent Max Starks expects to be cleared around camp time

Posted by Evan Silva on May 26, 2012

The Steelers signed free agent tackle Max Starks off the street in early October of last season, and he solidified Pittsburgh’s left tackle position before a torn ACL ended his season in January. Starks has been rehabbing this spring, and he wants to keep playing football.

Starks is currently an unrestricted free agent.

On Saturday, Starks informed ESPN’s Josina Anderson that he’s “just about two months away” from receiving medical clearance to resume football activities. Training camp starts in two months, so the timelines conveniently coincide.

Starks is only 30 years old and a capable starter when healthy. He could be on Steelers G.M. Kevin Colbert’s speed dial in case rookie Mike Adams struggles in August practices and preseason games.

Starks also has ties to the coaching staffs in Arizona and Indianapolis. He can play both left and right tackle.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/26/free-agent-max-starks-expects-to-be-cleared-around-camp-time/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know if he'd be willing to come in as a backup for this team. Especially for a rookie OT.

Now another team? I could see it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    I don't know if he'd be willing to come in as a backup for this team. Especially for a rookie OT.

Now another team? I could see it.
    He wouldn't necessarily come in as a backup, though. I think there would be legit competition between Starks and Adams (which, frankly, I think Starks would win, if healthy of course). I would rather Adams be the swing tackle and a rookie rather than have a job handed to him. The competition between Adams and also-rans like Scott and Essex right now is a farce.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

From Fox Sports' Len Pasquarelli (Updated Jun 3, 2012 11:23 PM ET):

*A few teams have stayed in contact with veteran offensive tackle Max Starks — who basically rescued the Pittsburgh line last season, but sustained an ACL injury in the team's playoff loss at Denver — to keep tabs on his rehabilitation.

Starks could be a July signing, or a safety net for a club that either suffers an injury or lacks depth at tackle. But he isn't likely to return to the Steelers again.

The Steelers appear ready to go with second-round rookie Mike Adams (Ohio State) at left tackle or, if he fails, move second-year right tackle Marcus Gilbert (13 starts as a rookie in 2011) over to the left side.

In fact, before the team grabbed Adams, the plan was to transition Gilbert to the left side, which he played most of his college career.
    [URL]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Robert-Griffin-Andrew-Luck-Washington-Redskins-Indianapolis-Colts-not-signed-deals-yet-060112[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

[URL]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Robert-Griffin-Andrew-Luck-Washington-Redskins-Indianapolis-Colts-not-signed-deals-yet-060112[/URL]
    I'll believe it when it is the end of the 2012 season and Starks hasn't been resigned.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

If you believe that Adams is your long-term answer at LT and Gilbert at RT, then this is a mistake in my opinion. Let Max battle the rookie for the starting job and be there to back him up, if he loses out.

Legend

User Info Menu

If you believe that Adams is your long-term answer at LT and Gilbert at RT, then this is a mistake in my opinion
    The Steelers probably dont know what their doing then because I could've swore thats why he was drafted.
    You can tell thius w/o the guy playing 1 single snap?
    You have tonights lotto numbers by any chance?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    The Steelers probably dont know what their doing then because I could've swore thats why he was drafted.
    You can tell thius w/o the guy playing 1 single snap?
    You have tonights lotto numbers by any chance?
    What in the hell are you talking about Pete?

I was just saying that if the coaching staff drafted Adams to play LT (which by all indications they did) and they also envision Gilbert as the answer at RT, then it would be a mistake to have Gilbert as the fallback option at LT. I realize there is minicamp and all of training camp to determine who will start where and Starks can't even enter the picture until training camp at the earliest.

First of all, I think Adams needs to be pushed for the job. Call me crazy, but I think that Max would present more of a challenge than Trai Essex or Jon Scott. You could make an argument that Adams could be pushed for the LT spot by Gilbert, but that would mean Adams would then be potentially be battling the same duo for the RT spot...while your former starter at RT is being experimented with at guard the entire offseason.

Secondly, if Adams does win the starting LT job and is injured...what then? We move our RT o the left, move Colon back to RT? Start Scott or Essex there at RT long term?

Sorry.

I'd rather have Starks there to step in and keep every other position stable. I just hope we bring him back once he's medically cleared to play. It was a mistake that nearly cost us last year, so it's no stretch to consider it a mistake to do it again.