Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Max Starks according to Sirius today

Pro Bowler
    I like ur thinking Ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Last year, you didn't have Starks until week 5, but he saved your season.

This year, he's injured and may not be ready for the start of the season.

Why not sign him now to a minimal one year deal, let him learn the new system during OTA's, and if his ACL prevents him from being able to go from day one, just have him start the year on PUP like Mendenhall. We'd then be guaranteed to have him after 6 weeks this year (not all that different that lucking into him still being available in week 5 last year).
    Agreed 100%. Why have J. Scott and Essex battle the rookie, when a guy who was clearly superior to both of them is right there. If Adams struggles, then we are in the same position at LT that we were in last year before Starks came in. We almost lost Max to the Vikings and he clearly wants to play somewhere, so we can't sit around too long. However, I think he'd have to medically cleared before signing a contract and that won't be happening any time soon.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Trai Essex and Jonathan Scott to compete with Mike Adams, Starks not contacted

May 19th, 2012

The Steelers have a vacant left tackle position at the moment. The best bet is that Mike Adams is going to fill that void. He will have competition at that spot according to Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune Review. Veterans Jonathan Scott and Trai Essex will compete with Adams for the starting spot.

I do not like when guys are handed jobs without winning them out. Even if I want Adams to start and am excited about it he needs to compete for the spot. Competition in camp is a good thing. To me though even with competition what this says is it is Adams job to lose.

We saw how awful Jonathan Scott was last season. The Steelers pulled Max Starks off the street just to get Scott out of the line up. What made it worse was that Scott was given the job last year. He had no competition. Gilbert was not ready and still is not ready to play left tackle. He is a right tackle and there was no one else left on the roster. I do not even have Scott making the team this year. He is not on my 53 man roster.

Essex is a good back up. He is not a starter in this league though. He is a good enough stop gap when a player gets injured but can not be a full time guy. If could have been he would already be that guy. So really this is Adams job if he wants it. The other prospects are not up to the task of a starting left tackle.

The other option the Steelers have is Max Starks. Starks has yet to be contacted by the team though. Starks does not see himself being in the mix for the Steelers left tackle position. He also does not plan to be ready to play in training camp. He is shooting to be fully healthy by week 1.

The Steelers could do what they did last season though. They could see how Adams does and if he struggles they could reach out to Starks and bring him back. It is unlikely Starks will be signed by anyone before the season starts. He is still recovering and until teams can work him out fully he most likely will not get a job. So he should be out there if need be.

Mike Adams is going to be the starting left tackle for this team though. He would have to really screw up not to start for this team. It is his job to lose.

http://bleedblackandgold.com/blog/20...lack+and+Gold)

I would much rather have a healthy Starks starting over Adams. I think fans and Bens backside are in for a rude awakening. Adams was crazy inconsistent in college. What makes anyone think he is ready to start LT in the pros?

Hall of Famer
    While I agree that he solidified (possibly saved) our season, and he proved me wrong BIG-TIME last year... and he's proven me wrong his whole career... and it probably wouldn't be much to bring him back... and Ben's his buddy...

I guess I'm saying it makes sense, but I still wouldn't invite him back. And for the record, I can't recall the last time I saw a OL get abused like I saw Aldon Smith (a rookie) abuse him last year.

Max Starks hasn’t heard from the Steelers

Posted by Mike Florio on May 19, 2012

Veteran offensive lineman Max Starks, who tore an ACL during the Steelers’ playoff loss to the Broncos, is a free agent. And he has heard nothing from the only team with which he ever has played.

Or, presumably, any other team.

As to the Steelers, Starks isn’t expecting the phone to ring. Mike Adams, Jonathan Scott, and Trai Essex are expected to vie for the left tackle position. “As for myself, I don’t see [me being a part of that battle] unless there is something I don’t know,” Starks told Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

Last year, the Steelers cut Starks as the real games approached. But they came calling a month into the season, and Starks started each of the remaining 12 regular-season games. This year, however, it wouldn’t be as easy for Starks to step right in.

“I would need a week or so to get the plays down and the terminology,” Starks said. “It would be a different situation even coming back to the Steelers. I just want to get healthy and play for somebody. I have the mindset of rehabbing and make sure my knee is in the best possible shape and be ready to go when someone calls.”

It’s unknown whether anyone would want Starks if he were healthy. With offseason rosters increased from 80 to 90 this year, it’s hard to imagine he wouldn’t at least be in camp.

Due to the knee, he likely will have to continue to wait. With former Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians now in Indianapolis, maybe the Colts will be the ones to eventually make the call.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-steelers/

Guessing they will bring Max back. Reasons why not are injury and money, reasons why is that they will need him while the Rook learns NFL football. I think they'll figure out the $$$ and bring him back.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Last year, you didn't have Starks until week 5, but he saved your season.

This year, he's injured and may not be ready for the start of the season.

Why not sign him now to a minimal one year deal, let him learn the new system during OTA's, and if his ACL prevents him from being able to go from day one, just have him start the year on PUP like Mendenhall. We'd then be guaranteed to have him after 6 weeks this year (not all that different that lucking into him still being available in week 5 last year).
    The handling of Starks by the Steelers has always baffled me and continues to baffle me. Why not call to check in on where he is with his rehab?

I think it makes a lot of sense to bring him back, or at a minimum, open a dialogue with him. On talent alone, I prefer Starks to Scott. When you throw in the fact that Scott is making over $2 million and Starks could likely be had for the veteran minimum again, it is really a no brainer, as long as Starks is healthy.

I totally agree Philly.

I agree with Shawn agreeing with Philly

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.