Thread: 2013 Draft

Rookie

User Info Menu

2013 Draft

Now that we know which team this year Class of 2012 will be going to, let's just hope one of the rookies brings home that trophy and make their team proud.

But now, on the other hand it's time to focus on the class of 2013 and their future teams, and rounds.

Who are on your top 10 draft list for the class of 2013?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ya_V7AfSso&list=PL79320BE3FD720A6A&index= 1&feature=plpp_video[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

In 2013, we'll need safety depth that could potentially replace the aging Ryan Clark and Troy Polamalu in the coming years. Guys like USC's T.J. McDonald, Alabama's Robert Lester, Georgia's Bacarri, and Miami's Ray Ray Armstrong will be coming out in 2013, so the safety crop should be deeper in the next draft when compared to this Barron-then-Smith-then-pretty-much-nothing-else safety crop in 2012.

Larry Foote will likely replace James Farrior this season, but he does not have loads of time left himself, and it remains to be see if either of the "SS" crew at ILB (Stevenson Sylvester and Sean Spence) have what it takes to be a legit starter in our 3-4 at ILB. Could we add yet another "SS" ILB in Stanford's Shayne Skov? Other possibilities there include Notre Dame's Manti Te'o (although he may be a mid-first prospect, and I hope we will be drafting 32nd in 2013), as well as a few junior prospects who might come out in 2013, such as Alabama's C.J. Mosley or Oklahoma's Tom Wort.

If our first and second round picks include one of these 4 safeties and one of these 4 inside linebackers, do I get to toot my own horn at this time next year because I mentioned these guys first? (and, yes, I want a cookie!)
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree with what Ruthless said for the most part.

Other safeties who could be in the 2013 draft are...

FS Tony Jefferson Oklahoma
    SS Matt Elam
    FS Dexter McCoil
    FS Eric Reid
    SS Jarrick Williams

Other than safety and ILB, we could very well be in the market for a bell cow type back as Mendenhall may be gone or a WR as Wallace could leave if not franchised.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I agree with what Ruthless said for the most part.

Other safeties who could be in the 2013 draft are...

FS Tony Jefferson Oklahoma
    SS Matt Elam
    FS Dexter McCoil
    FS Eric Reid
    SS Jarrick Williams

Other than safety and ILB, we could very well be in the market for a bell cow type back as Mendenhall may be gone or a WR as Wallace could leave if not franchised.
    Yup...Reid and Jefferson could be tremendous options if they come out in the next draft. After focusing on the OL and DL with the vast majority of our prime picks in the last several drafts, it will be time to move away from the big uglies (can't believe I'm saying that) and adding some prime skill players.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.