Thread: Steelers add OT Kyle Jolly and K Daniel Hrapmann and release K Grant Ressel

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Steelers add OT Kyle Jolly and K Daniel Hrapmann and release K Grant Ressel

According to the little "@Steelers" Twitter box on the front page of www.steelers.com.

Jolly (6'6" 300 lbs.) has been to camp with us before (a couple of times, I think) and spent time on our practice squad and Atlanta's practice squad. In fact, I believe that Jolly was activated to the Super Bowl XLV roster as an injury replacement (but didn't actually play in the game against the Packers).

I guess Ressel isn't the competition for Suisham that we were hoping for...although Hrapmann doesn't appear to be any better. Last season at Southern Miss, he was 23-34 (67.6%), which is pretty darn pathetic. Actually, maybe I should call it Southern Mississippi instead of Southern Miss, because if there is one thing this kid doesn't need, it's another miss. Plus, he's only 5'9" 164 lbs., so I doubt a little guy like that would have a cannon for a leg. Ugh...

Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 05-17-2012 at 07:13 PM.

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Legend
    I think I saw him running a Pawn Shop in Las Vegas on TV.

Danny Hrapmann Signs With Steelers

Posted by: Ken Trahan
    May 16, 2012

LOCAL STAR TO COMPETE IN STEEL CITY

Former Holy Cross and Southern Mississippi kicker Danny Hrapmann has signed a free agent contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

In his career at USM, Hrapmann made 116-of-117 extra points and connected on 49-of-65 field goals (75%), scoring 263 points.

In 2011, Hrapmann was 61-of-62 on extra points and made 23-of-34 field goals for the Golden Eagles.

Hrapmann started his college career at Southeastern Louisiana in 2007 before transferring to Southern Miss.

The 5'9, 164" Hrapmann enjoyed a stellar career under Barry Wilson at Holy Cross.

He was a two-time All-District 8-5A selection and was named to the New Orleans All-Metro and the 5A All-State team with the Tigers.

http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/pre...-steelers.html