Thread: Steelers add OT Kyle Jolly and K Daniel Hrapmann and release K Grant Ressel

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Steelers add OT Kyle Jolly and K Daniel Hrapmann and release K Grant Ressel

According to the little "@Steelers" Twitter box on the front page of www.steelers.com.

Jolly (6'6" 300 lbs.) has been to camp with us before (a couple of times, I think) and spent time on our practice squad and Atlanta's practice squad. In fact, I believe that Jolly was activated to the Super Bowl XLV roster as an injury replacement (but didn't actually play in the game against the Packers).

I guess Ressel isn't the competition for Suisham that we were hoping for...although Hrapmann doesn't appear to be any better. Last season at Southern Miss, he was 23-34 (67.6%), which is pretty darn pathetic. Actually, maybe I should call it Southern Mississippi instead of Southern Miss, because if there is one thing this kid doesn't need, it's another miss. Plus, he's only 5'9" 164 lbs., so I doubt a little guy like that would have a cannon for a leg. Ugh...

Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 05-17-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Legend
    I think I saw him running a Pawn Shop in Las Vegas on TV.

Danny Hrapmann Signs With Steelers

Posted by: Ken Trahan
    May 16, 2012

LOCAL STAR TO COMPETE IN STEEL CITY

Former Holy Cross and Southern Mississippi kicker Danny Hrapmann has signed a free agent contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

In his career at USM, Hrapmann made 116-of-117 extra points and connected on 49-of-65 field goals (75%), scoring 263 points.

In 2011, Hrapmann was 61-of-62 on extra points and made 23-of-34 field goals for the Golden Eagles.

Hrapmann started his college career at Southeastern Louisiana in 2007 before transferring to Southern Miss.

The 5'9, 164" Hrapmann enjoyed a stellar career under Barry Wilson at Holy Cross.

He was a two-time All-District 8-5A selection and was named to the New Orleans All-Metro and the 5A All-State team with the Tigers.

http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/pre...-steelers.html