Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Willie Colon

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Just heard him interviewed- put it in the books, he's practicing at LG & was told about the move the day DeCastro was drafted (Odd- draft an OG then tell your RT he's moving to OG too?).

Does this open the door for Max Starks' return?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Just heard him interviewed- put it in the books, he's practicing at LG & was told about the move the day DeCastro was drafted (Odd- draft an OG then tell your RT he's moving to OG too?).

Great off season news. Both Guards from last year to the bench. It's about time. Hope that Achilles is fixed.

I think it may mean that Adams is going to be thrust onto the field.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he does return once healthy. Serve as an insurance policy in case one of the Tackles struggle.

I agree,Max would be good insurance if healthy.Given time this will prove to be a monumental OL upgrade.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Hope you are not disappointed the 1st time Ben goes down.....People think that with 2 new rooks, we're not gonna have our QB ever get sacked.... Adams isn't ready to start at LT. IMO. We'll see when camp comes...
    I 100% expect Ben to get sacked but this is the first time in a long time where I don't see a glaring weakness on the offensive line. Is Adams officially penciled in at LT? All I know is it's going to be better than what we've had in a good long while. Kugler will be able to keep guys at those positions barring injury and Gilbert didn't struggle when he had to play LT as a rookie. What I do expect is a line that should be competent across the board. DeCastro is already amazingly technical and very sound and Adams was a sure fire first round pick before the "weed problem". Give them a full offseason with Kugler and some condfidence and Ben should certainly get sacked less, he's obviously going to get sacked. You can't possibly sit back and look at this line from left to right refrain from being the least bit excited.

Great news!! I love it.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I'll go out on a limb and say that Mike Adams can be every bit as good as Starks was at LT last year right now. So why not start him at his natural position and let Gilbert learn to become dominant at RT. I actually see Colon being possibly dominant at guard if he can stay healthy.
    so if Colon is dominant and Gilbert becomes dominant, and Adams lives up to his potential, we could have 5 dominant linemen across the board
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend
    Yeah but we'll see if he can hold up. When Alan Faneca went to OT in 2003 his response was "OT's are stealing money" because rush DE's do all that looping from the outside and it's not as physical a position as it is playing OG inside.

And considering WC has played less than 4 quarters in over two years time? This could very well be a disaster for him.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    A rookie left tackle is quite a risk, imho (especially when he was inconsistent in college). Hopefully, it works out...or Ben may have a short season.
    Agreed.
    Handing a kid with an entitled attitude (entitled enough to think that smoking dope in the midst of the draft process) would be OK is a stupid move. Make him earn his role. Now... he may actually prove to be the best option this year (at wherever position they play him), but I'm thinking about the rest of his career. This is a player who needs a healthy dose of humility, perspective.

Legend
    They have a first year starter at LT either way. Gilbert's never done it either.