Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Willie Colon

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    A rookie left tackle is quite a risk, imho (especially when he was inconsistent in college). Hopefully, it works out...or Ben may have a short season.

I'll go out on a limb and say that Mike Adams can be every bit as good as Starks was at LT last year right now. So why not start him at his natural position and let Gilbert learn to become dominant at RT. I actually see Colon being possibly dominant at guard if he can stay healthy.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    you're close groton, but Ed seems to think Adams will be the LT
    Tomlin said Adams will "begin" at LT since he played there in college. Let's hope things work out and he stays there. Two rookies starting on the OL would normally scare me but they can't be any worse than what we've seen for the past couple of seasons.

A healthy Colon is an immediate upgrade at LG over Kemo. I like it.......

Hall of Famer
    what scares me is that 3/5 of our offensive line will be starting at positions that they've never played in the NFL before.
    Adams-rook
    Colon-new to guard
    DeCastro- Rook

I'd feel a lot better if they just benched Colon and left one of the guys from last year at guard.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    This move is surprising. Why this sudden change even before Training Camp?

Steelers fan were saying Colon is an OG in NFL and Steelers O-Line coach never thought so. And now they move him to LG. Also shouldn't LG be more atheletic? Willie Colon is naturally fit for RG position. A mauler.

Steelers o-line:
    Gilbert-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-J Scott/Mike Adams

My Steelers O-line would be:
    Adams-DeCastro-Pouncey-Colon-Gilbert
    At first blush, this is exactly what I thought. But if Colon can demonstrate the ability to pull and help out Adams in pass pro, then all it means is we'll be able to run a lot more to the weak-side...balancing our ability to attack both sides of the field.

We've got a couple of big question marks on the left side with a rookie tackle and someone who's never played the position at guard. If both can come through and we stay healthy, this will become a dream offense.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    A rookie left tackle is quite a risk, imho (especially when he was inconsistent in college). Hopefully, it works out...or Ben may have a short season.
    Are you kidding? We had Scott over there for a while. Adams was projected as a first round pick and fell because of the weed. There have been several first round tackles that came in and started as rookies across the league. I've read several times Adams has the tools to be better than Kalil and I'm sure everyone expects Kalil to start. I'm not at all worried about Adams starting at either tackle. Man this line is going to be vastly improved.

I'm skeptical. And will withhold on further comment until I actually see it in camp and in pre season games. I would think alot has to be worked out in camp........
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Are you kidding? We had Scott over there for a while. Adams was projected as a first round pick and fell because of the weed. There have been several first round tackles that came in and started as rookies across the league. I've read several times Adams has the tools to be better than Kalil and I'm sure everyone expects Kalil to start. I'm not at all worried about Adams starting at either tackle. Man this line is going to be vastly improved.
    Hope you are not disappointed the 1st time Ben goes down.....People think that with 2 new rooks, we're not gonna have our QB ever get sacked.... Adams isn't ready to start at LT. IMO. We'll see when camp comes...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Backup
    I feel like there is some need for Colon to be in the starting lineup-SOMEWHERE-.

I don't feel that way. I don't trust him health wise. We havent been able to rely on him for two years now. For continuitys sake, I hope someone else earns that LG job. Even Flozell's play made us forget about Colon a couple seasons ago. And that dude was 35 or somethin'. I had no yearning for him last year when Gilbert had to take over. Kid did alright considering.

Colon simply has been a non-factor for a significant reason(injury) for too long a time for me to need him as a starter.
    If he wins it outright, then I will go through the season just waiting for a wheel or tie-rod to go. Praying the whole time that it doesnt happen.

Thanks for the extra stress.

I would like: Adams/Gilbert - Foster - Pouncey - DDC - Gilbert/Adams

I know Colon is buds with Ben, but seriously!!!!
    Is Colon the Teams love child as well???!!!!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Hope you are not disappointed the 1st time Ben goes down.....People think that with 2 new rooks, we're not gonna have our QB ever get sacked.... Adams isn't ready to start at LT. IMO. We'll see when camp comes...
    I agree. An example is Joe Thomas. Drafted high by the Browns, started from day 1 at Tackle and struggled the first several games. He, of course, improved and made the Pro Bowl the very next season. I'm not saying the same will happen with Adams but everybody needs to practice patience with the rookies and not start screaming bust when they screw up. It'll be a work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    First snap of the season- Ben goes back and DeCastro steps on his foot and he's out for the year. It could happen. That said, the chances are better with the rooks. Ben will get hit even if he's got 5 All-Pro's in front of him.