Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: Steelers players reaction to Todd Haley’s playbook shows how weak Arians playbook was

  1. #21
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    PASS PLAY
    Flip right, double-X, Jet...FORMATION
    36 counter...BLOCKING SCHEME
    naked waggle...QB MOTION
    X-7, X-quarter...PASS ROUTES

    Hey, i think im getting it already! shouldnt be too tough for the professionals



    I would think it would be the hardest for Ben because he has to know what everyone is doing on every play. Good thing he's a college graduate now.

  2. #22
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    PASS PLAY
    Flip right, double-X, Jet...FORMATION
    36 counter...BLOCKING SCHEME
    naked waggle...QB MOTION
    X-7, X-quarter...PASS ROUTES

    Hey, i think im getting it already! shouldnt be too tough for the professionals
    And, you didn't have to "unlearn" anything, you simply took your football knowledge and applied to the play call, the Steeler players are going to have to "translate" what they know (BA's system) into what they don't know (TH's system). The same as learning a language, if you don't know German you have to translate it into English and until you do that enough, so that it is second nature it takes time to process German. It will take the players time to process Todd Haley speak into something they know. Can they do it? Of course. Will it be second nature by September? Only time will tell.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  3. #23
    I generally don't like early bye weeks, but I think it will be good for the players and coaches to be able to put the O in the garage for a week to go over everything after having three real games.

  4. #24
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,377
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Arians was/is predictable. It wont change in Indy. So far, Haley hasnt accomplished anything in Pitt and he is simply unknown until game 1 is over. After hearing all the talk from players about how hard it is I expect a lot of confusion and little success in game 1. GO DEFENSE!
    Luckily, in week 1, we get to play against an offense lead by a QB who hasn't played in over a year due to multiple neck surgeries and is now in an all new system with all new players (other than Jacob Tamme, and Brandon Stokley, if he even makes the team).

    Then, in week 2, we get a team who replaced an incompetant O.C. with a former H.C. just like us (in their case, Brian Schottenheimer for Tony Sparano).

  5. #25
    Blah, blah, blah.

    If we do better on offense then the playbook is better, if we don't then it is worse. Everything in between is just idle chit chat to kill time until we have something real to talk about.

  6. #26
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,343
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Blah, blah, blah.

    If we do better on offense then the playbook is better, if we don't then it is worse. Everything in between is just idle chit chat to kill time until we have something real to talk about.
    we know this...

  7. #27
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,104
    I'm not seeing how two players reactions to Haley's playbook says a single thing about Arians'. It's simply doesn't follow logically.

  8. #28
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,460
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Blah, blah, blah.

    If we do better on offense then the playbook is better, if we don't then it is worse. Everything in between is just idle chit chat to kill time until we have something real to talk about.
    Duh....

    Got some stimulating discussion to contribute?
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  9. #29
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    And, you didn't have to "unlearn" anything, you simply took your football knowledge and applied to the play call, the Steeler players are going to have to "translate" what they know (BA's system) into what they don't know (TH's system). The same as learning a language, if you don't know German you have to translate it into English and until you do that enough, so that it is second nature it takes time to process German. It will take the players time to process Todd Haley speak into something they know. Can they do it? Of course. Will it be second nature by September? Only time will tell.

    Pappy
    I disagree to an extent...

    A language needs translating because words have meanings which need other words to understand.

    Football plays can be drawn on paper and routes and blocking schemes can physically be executed. Just forget the old system and learn the plays fresh - don't try to make everything into a translation from the old system, because you don't need to use the old system to understand the new system. I think this is much easier than learning a new language.

  10. #30
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,059
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Luckily, in week 1, we get to play against an offense lead by a QB who hasn't played in over a year due to multiple neck surgeries and is now in an all new system with all new players (other than Jacob Tamme, and Brandon Stokley, if he even makes the team).

    Then, in week 2, we get a team who replaced an incompetant O.C. with a former H.C. just like us (in their case, Brian Schottenheimer for Tony Sparano).
    My guess is that Peyton Manning isn't learning much new, he will be instrumental in the installation of the offense and terminology that he is familiar with. The Broncos only have a small opening with Manning and won't want to have him learn a new system, they'll have the others learn what he knows. At least, if I were the Broncos, I would want Manning up to speed as quickly as possible.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •