Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers players reaction to Todd Haley’s playbook shows how weak Arians playbook was

Hall of Famer
    I guesss removing all those bubble screens changed more than half the play book. Who'd a known
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Arians was/is predictable. It wont change in Indy. So far, Haley hasnt accomplished anything in Pitt and he is simply unknown until game 1 is over. After hearing all the talk from players about how hard it is I expect a lot of confusion and little success in game 1. GO DEFENSE!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Arians was/is predictable. It wont change in Indy. So far, Haley hasnt accomplished anything in Pitt and he is simply unknown until game 1 is over. After hearing all the talk from players about how hard it is I expect a lot of confusion and little success in game 1. GO DEFENSE!
    Not sure it will even be before the end of game one that we will read what a idiot Haley is. How he is a terrible OC. How the offense sucks.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Not sure it will even be before the end of game one that we will read what a idiot Haley is. How he is a terrible OC. How the offense sucks.
    Yes Ovi, just as we can all expect a rant about LeBeau and the decline of the Steelers' defense from you. There will always be malcontents.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Pro Bowler
    They'll have a full offseason to absorb the playbook. They're paid millions of dollars to UNDERSTAND the playbook and it's ridiculous to assume there is going to be "a lot of confusion".

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    They'll have a full offseason to absorb the playbook. They're paid millions of dollars to UNDERSTAND the playbook and it's ridiculous to assume there is going to be "a lot of confusion".
    In theory you're correct, but these guys that are paid millions of dollars to understand the playbook are still human. I dont think players will be running around like boobs, but there will be a player or two out of position and I think it'll take them a while to get into a flow.

Pro Bowler
    In theory you're correct, but these guys that are paid millions of dollars to understand the playbook are still human. I dont think players will be running around like boobs, but there will be a player or two out of position and I think it'll take them a while to get into a flow.
    I still think you're wrong. If you and I were paid Millions of dollars to play football for one of the best organization in professional sports we are going to learn that playbook. We're also talking about some of the best prospects IN the NFL on our roster. I'm not at all worried about the Haley offense and if Tomlin, Rooney and the other elements thought it was going to be a problem they would have slow played the process. I have high hopes until proven otherwise that our offense with this most recent draft and the maturation of others is going to hit another gear. It should be the offense we've hoped for so get on my bandwagon and enjoy the excitement. If I'm wrong and the others that are equally excited are wrong we'll come back to the board to bitch and moan about it lol. Until then I'm going to be flying high until September, hopefully we're all flying extra high by then.

So far, Haley hasnt accomplished anything in Pitt and he is simply unknown until game 1 is over. After hearing all the talk from players about how hard it is I expect a lot of confusion and little success in game 1.
    Mehno: Is Tomlin making a mistake?

Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2012
    by John Mehno

Is Mike Tomlin repeating one of the legendary mistakes in Steelers history?

Tomlin hired Todd Haley as offensive coordinator in February, a big change after five years of Bruce Arians. Haley is the first coordinator in 13 years hired from outside the organization.

Tomlin is also requiring the team to learn Haley's terminology.

This is no small matter. Imagine trying to give someone directions if left was now right and vice versa. How easily could you do simple math problems if the value of six was now seven? Could you make change quickly if dimes were now called quarters?

That's what happens when new systems are installed. The simple solution is to have the new coach adapt to what the players have been using.

Chuck Noll hired Joe Walton as his offensive coordinator in 1990 and decided the Steelers would learn Walton's language.

The players, led by Bubby Brister, rebelled, and things were never quite right. Noll retired after the 1991 season.

There's always a sentiment for showing highly paid players who's the boss, but why have 25 people adapt when it would be easier to have one coach make the switch?
    Change is always difficult, made even tougher when people aren't speaking the same language.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/lo...3828ef79e.html

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    I still think you're wrong. If you and I were paid Millions of dollars to play football for one of the best organization in professional sports we are going to learn that playbook. We're also talking about some of the best prospects IN the NFL on our roster. I'm not at all worried about the Haley offense and if Tomlin, Rooney and the other elements thought it was going to be a problem they would have slow played the process. I have high hopes until proven otherwise that our offense with this most recent draft and the maturation of others is going to hit another gear. It should be the offense we've hoped for so get on my bandwagon and enjoy the excitement. If I'm wrong and the others that are equally excited are wrong we'll come back to the board to bitch and moan about it lol. Until then I'm going to be flying high until September, hopefully we're all flying extra high by then.
    Here is an example of one play call I found "Flip right, double-X, Jet, 36 counter, naked waggle, X-7, X-quarter." If Haley's terminology is anything similar, it may take a couple of years for players to become comfortable in the offense.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    "Flip right, double-X, Jet, 36 counter, naked waggle, X-7, X-quarter."

PASS PLAY
    Flip right, double-X, Jet...FORMATION
    36 counter...BLOCKING SCHEME
    naked waggle...QB MOTION
    X-7, X-quarter...PASS ROUTES

Hey, i think im getting it already! shouldnt be too tough for the professionals

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.