Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plax Back 2 The Burgh?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

at his age, he shouldn't be so picky when a team offers him something. i was a buress backer when he was here but i will say this, buress wasn't Gods gift to our offense either. if i recall correctly, he caught the ifficult passes and missed the ones thrown in his hands. if we need him then i'm all for it but i'll allow the team to deceide what is needed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    A shot in the leg?
    Latrobe, circa 2004: Plaxico Burress walks past Kendall Simmons' training camp dorm room and sees him injecting himself with a syringe into his thigh. Wondering if his o-line teammate was taking steroids, Plax decides to stop and ask if Simmons is indeed juicing. "Nah, man," Simmons stated, "I was diagnosed with diabetes last year, so I need to take these insulin injections every day now to regulate my blood sugar." Plaxico left shaking his head, proclaiming, "Wow, man...shooting yourself in the leg? I could never do something like that."
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Latrobe, circa 2004: Plaxico Burress walks past Kendall Simmons' training camp dorm room and sees him injecting himself with a syringe into his thigh. Wondering if his o-line teammate was taking steroids, Plax decides to stop and ask if Simmons is indeed juicing. "Nah, man," Simmons stated, "I was diagnosed with diabetes last year, so I need to take these insulin injections every day now to regulate my blood sugar." Plaxico left shaking his head, proclaiming, "Wow, man...shooting yourself in the leg? I could never do something like that."

ha, ha ! lmao !

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Plax willing to take veteran minimum

Posted by Josh Alper on August 9, 2012

With the Mike Wallace impasse dragging on, talk of a Plaxico Burress return to the Steelers bubbled up this week.

General Manager Kevin Colbert said that Pittsburgh wasn’t looking for a veteran receiver at this point, but stopped short of ruling it out later in training camp. That was one stumbling block to a Plax reunion with Ben Roethlisberger, with Burress’ reported salary demands also serving as an obstacle. According to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the latter issue has resolved itself.

Bouchette reports that Burress is now willing to sign a one-year deal for the veteran minimum. Given his problems with the tax man, it wouldn’t be surprising if Burress was lowering his sights in hopes of getting a job and extending his career as long as possible.

Nothing has changed with the other stumbling block, however. Per Bouchette, the Steelers aren’t interested in Plax 2.0 at any price at this point. There’s no word on if Burress’ lowered demands have resulted in interest from any other quarters, although it won’t hurt his chances of landing somewhere as teams get a better idea of what they are working with at receiver.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/09/report-plax-willing-to-take-veteran-minimum/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Source: Dallas, Plaxico Burress talk

Updated: August 9, 2012,
    By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

OXNARD, Calif. -- The Dallas Cowboys have held preliminary discussions with Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for Plaxico Burress, about signing the free-agent wide receiver, according to a source.

The Cowboys have young and inexperienced receivers fighting for the No. 3 position on the team, and are thinking of adding a veteran if no one emerges.

On Thursday afternoon, team executive vice president Stephen Jones told KTBB-FM in Tyler, Texas, that the team "wouldn't totally rule out Plaxico at some point."

Last season the Cowboys signed veteran Laurent Robinson as their No. 3 receiver, and he led the team with 11 touchdowns. In the offseason, Robinson signed a five-year, $32.5 million deal with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

With starter Miles Austin (hamstring) out, Kevin Ogletree moved up the Cowboys' depth chart and is getting first-team snaps with Dez Bryant.

Andre Holmes, Dwayne Harris, Tim Benford and Cole Beasley have been the standouts in training camp so far for Dallas' No. 3 receiver spot.

Beasley worked out of the slot with the first-team offense during Thursday's walk-through.

In a 10-year career, Burress has played for three NFL teams, with 550 catches for 8,457 yards and 63 touchdowns.

In September 2009, Burress was sentenced to two years in prison for violating gun laws in New York after he shot himself in the leg while at a nightclub. He agreed to a plea deal and pleaded guilty to a lesser firarms charge.

Burress was released three months early for good behavior and then signed with the New York Jets last season. He tied for the team lead with eight touchdown receptions and finished with 612 yards and 45 receptions.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8253420/source-dallas-cowboys-talks-free-agent-receiver-plaxico-burress[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

pats are looking at burress. i know some won't agree with me but, if i was burress and knew the pats cheated me in playoff games i, would tell them to pound salt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    pats are looking at burress. i know some won't agree with me but, if i was burress and knew the pats cheated me in playoff games i, would tell them to pound salt.
    Only thing Plax is worried about is his next pay check...
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hear you but I still hate the pats for cheating their way to the top and I just couldn't go to a team despite the money they offered me if I was in that situation.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My guess is Burress will sign in Dallas. Miles Austin has a gimpy hammy, Dez Bryant is said to not be 100%, and not much experience among their other WR's ... unless of course Jerry Jones beats the rest of the league to Chad Johnson.

Woudn't that be an image! Plax in a Cowboy uni trying to pull his 6-shooter out of his holster and accidentally shooting himself in the leg.
    Last edited by DukieBoy; 08-13-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    My guess is Burress will sign in Dallas. Miles Austin has a gimpy hammy, Dez Bryant is said to not be 100%, and not much experience among their other WR's ... unless of course Jerry Jones beats the rest of the league to Chad Johnson.

Woudn't that be an image! Plax in a Cowboy uni trying to pull his 6-shooter out of his holster and accidentally shooting himself in the leg.
    Bryant is definitely not 100% between his ears. I would also bet Dallas.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"