Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: WR Sanders Confirms to Steelers Gab The Offense is Nearly All Brand New

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    But because no one wanted to admit that LeBeau's 4th quarter scheme sucks as bad as a Ho in the Hill District, Art wanted more commitment to the running game.
    Arians' 4th quarter scheme sucked just as badly...

    The difference is that LeBeau did something about it...

    Arians never did...

  2. #22
    This is a non-story. As fans it might be fun to get involved in every detail, but the fact is that Haley was hired to guide us to a certain place. We just need to worry if he gets there, not question the path that he takes.

  3. #23
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Arians' 4th quarter scheme sucked just as badly...

    The difference is that LeBeau did something about it...

    Arians never did...
    What did LeBeau ever do about it? Nothing has changed . Nothing changed going into the OT of the Denver game. Same scheme that Tebow had been picking apart.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

    2014 Draft

    1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

  4. #24
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,832
    Quote Originally Posted by steelnavy View Post
    I find it quite ironic that you will blame those losses soley on the D. So its ok that the offense fails to score points in the 4th QTR but gawd forbid if the defense slips up at the same time... Why did our offense get so anemic near the end of games? Because Arians is predictable and doesn't have the brain power to adjust at halftime. Good riddance!
    I said all last season. We needed to replace two coordinators. Good start with Arians. One down and one to go.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

    2014 Draft

    1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,015
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    This is a non-story. As fans it might be fun to get involved in every detail, but the fact is that Haley was hired to guide us to a certain place. We just need to worry if he gets there, not question the path that he takes.
    That is closer to my thinking as well. I posted the story because change challenges people. That can be a good thing or a bad thing- even that is on a sliding scale. I will be curious to see how the players respond not only to the playbook, but the style change in leadership.

    My hope is that Haley is out of here in a year because the Steelers Offense is so good that he is the top pick for Head Coach openings next February.

  6. #26
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Arians' 4th quarter scheme sucked just as badly...

    The difference is that LeBeau did something about it...

    Arians never did...
    So scoring TD's in the 4th quarter only to see the defense go right back on the field and give points right back somehow meant the offense sucked too?

    If you say so.

    What did LeBeau do exactly? They are still giving up 4th quarter leads.

  7. #27
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    So scoring TD's in the 4th quarter only to see the defense go right back on the field and give points right back somehow meant the offense sucked too?

    If you say so.

    What did LeBeau do exactly? They are still giving up 4th quarter leads.
    Sorry Crash but there are 4 quarters in a game. The steelers defense led the league by giving up 14.1 points per game. What did the offense do consistently? They struggled against bad teams. Remember the Colts game ... how about both Stains games? We can even go back to the SB in 2010 and claim if the offense wouldn't have turned the ball over so many times we would have won. It's easy to cherry pick games ... or even parts of games.

    I have to laugh at those attacking LeBeau's defense against Denver. You are the same people who bellyached about us constantly sitting back in a soft zone and let the QB pick us apart with short passes. So LeBeau "adjusts", just like he did in the New England game, and played press/man coverage like you wanted him to and you still complain.

    I've asked this of you LeBeau haters before. Name me all the teams that have played better overall defense the last 5-10 years than the Steelers. I never seem to get an answer.

    Now back to the topic at hand. I love that Haley is willing to change the offense to suit the talents of the team. I think all coaches should operate that way. I still don't see a reason to change the play calling language itself. To me that is a distraction to the players and not of any benefit. The language is just how you call the plays ... not what plays you call.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  8. #28
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,158
    LeBeau's defense has always been a bend but don't break system. Especially when we have the lead, Lebeau goes to the "prevent you from winning defense".

    A couple things bother me about this defense:

    1) Our D line was getting no push at all. To get pressure, we had to send the house.
    2) Lack of playmakers especially in the secondary. Polamalu is the one guy. Harrison has his days... Woodley has his moments.

  9. #29
    Hall of Famer Djfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,330
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I still don't see a reason to change the play calling language itself. To me that is a distraction to the players and not of any benefit. The language is just how you call the plays ... not what plays you call.
    I understood it to mean that the other AFCN teams were learning our verbage too well.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com


    My son's first Kansas Turkey!

  10. #30
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,002
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Sorry Crash but there are 4 quarters in a game.
    Very good. You should tell Dick LeBeau that.

    Because his insistence to change from what has worked in the games first 45 minutes during the last 15? Kills this team.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •