Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: WR Sanders Confirms to Steelers Gab The Offense is Nearly All Brand New

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,107

    WR Sanders Confirms to Steelers Gab The Offense is Nearly All Brand New

    I saw this on the front page here.

    http://www.steelersgab.com/2012/05/1...all-brand-new/

    What does everyone think when Sanders is saying that 95% of the offense will be new?

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,731
    Innovation is not bad. It seems to be getting these guys focused and their heads in the playbook real early. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe there is some method in Haley's madness.

    I'm not worried at all.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Innovation is not bad. It seems to be getting these guys focused and their heads in the playbook real early. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe there is some method in Haley's madness.

    I'm not worried at all.
    Why is changing the language considered innovation? I've never understood why a coach comes in and changes the language and 20 some people have to learn it instead of him adapting to the language that the 20 some people already know. He can still draw up his own plays but he has to call them in a way the players understand. That's just pure arrogance to me.

    I guess I need to start the first "Fire Haley" thread.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    4,026
    Maybe now Ben will stop using the "black 20, bla-" snap count. they used that extensively for over 2 years. it was pretty easy to jump after a while.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,107
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I guess I need to start the first "Fire Haley" thread.
    Don't worry, those threads will start soon enough. I'm guessing that after the first game might be too soon, but around here you never know.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,208
    What I didn't like in that article was the line about the offense being good. We have all the tools but weren't innovative on the ground. We weren't good in the red zone. I'm sure a lot of us could find other things to complain about offensively. You can't be a good offense and 21st in the NFL so personally I have zero issue with Haley coming in and changing the offense. They have plenty of time to absorb it. I certainly wouldn't want Haley running a hybrid with old Arians stuff AND our players are PROFESSIONAL athletes. They shouldn't have a problem taking in the changes. I'm glad he's blowing it up. It also puts Haley more in control and Ben is going to have to fall in line.

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,002
    Yeah let's teach Ben a lesson. Because Haley's done so much in his career as a coach.

    Remember boys and girls, Charlie Weis isn't on our staff. Matt Cassell can vouch for what good he did for him.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Yeah let's teach Ben a lesson. Because Haley's done so much in his career as a coach.

    Remember boys and girls, Charlie Weis isn't on our staff. Matt Cassell can vouch for what good he did for him.
    Haley had quite a bit of success as a offensive coordinator and what I meant was that Ben was going to have to rid himself of the Arians offense. There is another article on the front page right now indicating it's a non issue. However no matter how you shake it Ben had too much control/comfort with Arians.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Haley had quite a bit of success as a offensive coordinator and what I meant was that Ben was going to have to rid himself of the Arians offense. There is another article on the front page right now indicating it's a non issue. However no matter how you shake it Ben had too much control/comfort with Arians.
    I'm trying to see how our franchise QB could have too much control/comfort with an offensive scheme. We'll see if it bears out or not, but IMO the offense would be better this year simply because of the upgrades that were made in the draft. Add to that when you have the most injured line in the league, you're O is just gonna suffer- especially in the red zone.

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Haley had quite a bit of success as a offensive coordinator and what I meant was that Ben was going to have to rid himself of the Arians offense. There is another article on the front page right now indicating it's a non issue. However no matter how you shake it Ben had too much control/comfort with Arians.
    Control my ass. Do you HONESTLY think Ben HIMSELF preferred 2-3 TE sets over the three wide? You are nuts.

    Arians treating Ben like a human being isn't a bad thing. Comfort? You mean like when Dan Reeves was fired and the Broncos made Elway's life easier?

    Pull up Elway's numbers in his first 10 seasons with Reeves.

    Then pull up his last 6 seasons after Reeves was fired.

    And before you say it? Elway had three different Pro Bowl RBs BEFORE he ever played with Terrell Davis.

    Kurt Warner when healthy, was winning Super Bowls long before the former golf coach ever got a job as an OC.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •