Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger: Niners were overly aggressive with injured ankle

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I agree with you. That really isn't whining. But, this is....

Roethlisberger..." “Steelers fans and coach Tomlin and the Rooneys apparently thought B.A. was throwing the ball too much. But yesterday in coach Haley’s office, we were talking about using the no-huddle and throwing the ball and how much we have to use our weapons.”

This is from an article pasted onto the homepage of this site (about the third one down).

Let it go Ben. We all know you thought BA got a raw deal.
    He did. Joe Flacco goes 90 yards to win the Divison and Tim Tebow throws for 316 yards and the OFFENSE is the unit that gets scrapped.

Two years of teaching YMC their playbooks, and now they get to start over.

All because the defense gets a free pass.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    He did. Joe Flacco goes 90 yards to win the Divison and Tim Tebow throws for 316 yards and the OFFENSE is the unit that gets scrapped.

Two years of teaching YMC their playbooks, and now they get to start over.

All because the defense gets a free pass.
    Our Defense got Ben his 1st ring and it did its part to get Ben his 2nd. I dont think the D got a free pass. They got rid of Farrior and Smith and I blame Tomlin for the Denver loss because he is the one who decided to leave Ike on an island all game long, not LeBeau.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Our Defense got Ben his 1st ring and it did its part to get Ben his 2nd. I dont think the D got a free pass. They got rid of Farrior and Smith and I blame Tomlin for the Denver loss because he is the one who decided to leave Ike on an island all game long, not LeBeau.
    Excuse me? How did Ben play in the 2005 playoffs again?

James Farrior hasn't been able to cover RBs for YEARS, and yet LeBeau left him out there doing it, for YEARS.

LeBeau runs this defense, he's run it with more authority under Tomlin than he ever had with Cowher.

Legend

User Info Menu

Excuse me? How did Ben play in the 2005 playoffs again?

James Farrior hasn't been able to cover RBs for YEARS, and yet LeBeau left him out there doing it, for YEARS.

LeBeau runs this defense, he's run it with more authority under Tomlin than he ever had with Cowher.
    Tomlin stated he opted to run that Defense in Denver and also said he would do it again if given the option. Ben played well in the '05 playoffs, but it was our D that got us the ring. LeBeau can only play who he is given. Apparently the front office felt Farrior was the best option. Who would you have started in the middle? Foote?
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Tomlin stated he opted to run that Defense in Denver and also said he would do it again if given the option. Ben played well in the '05 playoffs, but it was our D that got us the ring. LeBeau can only play who he is given. Apparently the front office felt Farrior was the best option. Who would you have started in the middle? Foote?
    WTF do you expect Tomlin to say?

I would not have James Farrior covering backs. Have Foote do it, or put an extra DB on the field.

You know, actually do some COACHING with the MILLIONS of dollars this team has invested on defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

There's no mercy for injured players. Going after injured players is nothing new. I'd go after Ben with his penchant for holding the ball too long at times.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope Ben plays a game like Carson Palmer does. Just throw the ball away the first sign of trouble.

Then maybe you clowns will realize just how good he is.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope Ben plays a game like Carson Palmer does. Just throw the ball away the first sign of trouble.

Then maybe you clowns will realize just how good he is.
    I think all fans want Ben as healthy as possible. Ben needs to smarten up and realize that sometimes plays are over. It's smarter to live to play another play.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I think all fans want Ben as healthy as possible. Ben needs to smarten up and realize that sometimes plays are over. It's smarter to live to play another play.
    But when you've been able to make magic happen by extending the play, it's a lot harder to do that for a competitor like Ben. He's done it so often that it's hard to tell him he can't or shouldn't.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    And the minute he does that? People will complain and say Ben's afraid of being hit, Ben's gun shy, etc.

He is what he is, the Steelers [and some dimwitted stuck in the 70's fans] can either accept that, or do him a favor and send him on his way.