Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Sign Second-Round Pick OT Mike Adams

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Steelers Sign Second-Round Pick OT Mike Adams

Steelers Sign Second-Round Pick Mike Adams
    Posted 3 hours ago

The Steelers have signed their second-round draft pick from the 2012 NFL Draft, offensive tackle Mike Adams. Financial terms of the four-year deal were not disclosed.

Adams (6-7, 323), who was the 56th overall pick, played collegiately at The Ohio State University. Adams started 25 of 30 games he played in during his four-year career. The Farrell, Pa. native, registered 167 knockdowns and 33 touchdown-resulting blocks in his final two seasons. In 2011, Adams earned second-team All Big Ten Conference honors. As a junior he was named to the All Big Ten Conference first-team as well as The NFL Draft Report’s All-American third-team.

Adams is the Steelers’ fourth draft pick of the 2012 NFL Draft to sign, joining fourth-round selection Alameda Ta’amu, fifth-round pick Chris Rainey and seventh-round pick Toney Clemons.
    http://www.steelers.com/news/article...4-33a2973ca663

Legend
    Hoping and parying Adams doesn't get a case of Stupidio Holmes Disease. If he stays on the straight and narrow we could have a great OL in the next couple of years. I almost didn't know where to find the keys on the keyboard to type "great OL" regarding the Steelers. I think I sprained my index finger.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Oviedo, you probably sprained your finger because Kemoatu allowed Suggs a free shot at your wrist while typing. You shouldn't have tried to extend the post. Just go with a short post and we'll punt. Play for field position, it's a defensive battle.

Quote Originally Posted by DrCalculus View Post
    Oviedo, you probably sprained your finger because Kemoatu allowed Suggs a free shot at your wrist while typing. You shouldn't have tried to extend the post. Just go with a short post and we'll punt. Play for field position, it's a defensive battle.
    Well played doctor.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

It sure is good to see these guys getting signed quickly. Wasn't it Adams who said that he'd delay his signing bonus? I wonder how much scratch he's deferring.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    It sure is good to see these guys getting signed quickly. Wasn't it Adams who said that he'd delay his signing bonus? I wonder how much scratch he's deferring.
    The Beaver County Times reports that Adams got a four-year deal that could be worth $3.6 million, a $1 million signing bonus included, but did not mention anything about possible deferral.

Even though it was a noble gesture by Adams, I doubt the union would be too keen on the idea...perhaps a provision that he would have to pay back some of his signing bonus if he tests positive instead?

Seems like draft picks league-wide are signing at an unprecedented rate. Looks like we only have our first and last picks (DeCastro and Beachum) to go. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if Spence signed yet...don't recall seeing that one. Anyway, since this is the first draft to take place after the new 10 year CBA has been ratified, perhaps there is some new slotting system inherent to the system that makes it easier to sign picks (less wiggle room for meddling agents, perhaps?)

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Beaver County Times reports that Adams got a four-year deal that could be worth $3.6 million, a $1 million signing bonus included, but did not mention anything about possible deferral.

Even though it was a noble gesture by Adams, I doubt the union would be too keen on the idea...perhaps a provision that he would have to pay back some of his signing bonus if he tests positive instead?

Seems like draft picks league-wide are signing at an unprecedented rate. Looks like we only have our first and last picks (DeCastro and Beachum) to go. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if Spence signed yet...don't recall seeing that one. Anyway, since this is the first draft to take place after the new 10 year CBA has been ratified, perhaps there is some new slotting system inherent to the system that makes it easier to sign picks (less wiggle room for meddling agents, perhaps?)
    My count has DeCastro, Spence and Beachum unsigned. I think this is all about the new CBA. Nothing really to negotiate.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Hoping and praying Adams doesn't get a case of Stupidio Holmes Disease. If he stays on the straight and narrow we could have a great OL in the next couple of years. I almost didn't know where to find the keys on the keyboard to type "great OL" regarding the Steelers. I think I sprained my index finger.
    The difference between the two is Adam's is willing to change & Holmes is not. I got a good feeling about him Oviedo I think he will.

Quote Originally Posted by TD386Steel View Post
    The difference between the two is Adam's is willing to change & Holmes is not. I got a good feeling about him Oviedo I think he will.
    That is a really important difference in many cases. Of course, we'll be looking to see if he really wants to change or if he just said that to get what he wanted. Addicts are known to do that and we don't know if he is an addict or merely a kid that did something dumb.

Steeler or not, I'm rooting for the kid.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TD386Steel View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I'm real happy we got Adams. he was a steal at the end of Round 2. I'm just saying time for him to grow up and prove his words mean something.

I agree 100% with you that Holmes was never going to change. He was punk and he liked being a punk.