Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Zeitler can open up some holes!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Kevin Zeitler can open up some holes!

Look at his push straight ahead. He consistently drives his man back. Also, not too bad at pulling. Would like to see a lower pad level on some of those pulls but he still seems to get the job done. At 1:20 into this clip you see he gets stood up a little yet doesn’t give away any ground, which is impressive in itself (strong). And starting at 2:26 into the clip he is going up against Devon Still (#71), of Penn State. He does a nice job versus him as well. Look at his pull on the clip at 4:07. Very impressive. Get’s to the second level and blows out the ILB. A TD block too. And again at 4:31 into the clip (this one from their own 1 yard line).

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phahBI8uxKw[/URL]
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Look at his push straight ahead. He consistently drives his man back. Also, not too bad at pulling. Would like to see a lower pad level on some of those pulls but he still seems to get the job done. At 1:20 into this clip you see he gets stood up a little yet doesn’t give away any ground, which is impressive in itself (strong). And starting at 2:26 into the clip he is going up against Devon Still (#71), of Penn State. He does a nice job versus him as well. Look at his pull on the clip at 4:07. Very impressive. Get’s to the second level and blows out the ILB. A TD block too. And again at 4:31 into the clip (this one from their own 1 yard line).

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phahBI8uxKw[/URL]
    Hey....We agree on something!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Hey....We agree on something!
    Yes we do. My fear though is Zeitler is gone early second round.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yes we do. My fear though is Zeitler is gone early second round.
    Trade back and take him? 24 seems to be a spot where teams trade up to and trade back from. Konz has more flexibility, but Zeitler would be the bruiser we need.

Starter

User Info Menu

I wouldnt mind taking him in the second if we couldnt trade up for DeCastro....also wouldnt mind Bradie Ewing in the 7th

Legend

User Info Menu

You do remember not being fond of Zeitler when he was in my mock.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

BTSC Seven Round 2012 Mock Draft: Post NFL Combine Edition

by [URL="http://www.sbnation.com/users/Michael Bean"]Michael Bean[/URL] on [URL="http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/3/9/2858177/btsc-seven-round-2012-mock-draft-post-nfl-combine-edition"]Mar 9, 2012 [/URL]

56. Pittsburgh Steelers – Kevin Zeitler OG, Wisconsin

If the Steelers bypass taking an offensive lineman in the first round they simply have to here. If he’s available I’m sure that Zeitler is going to be a fan favorite among those in Steelers Nation. Not only would he fill the team’s biggest need but he’s also a powerful road grader who can start from day one.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/3/9/2858177/btsc-seven-round-2012-mock-draft-post-nfl-combine-edition[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You do remember not being fond of Zeitler when he was in my mock.
    Saying that he probably wont start or give you much of a return in year one doenst make one not fond of the player. But the more I watch tape of him the more I realize I could be wrong about that. He is growing on me big time....as you can see by my sig.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting. These are good highlights. I've watched him for full games and he is generally consistent in getting push in the run game. His pass blocking is adequate though not outstanding in any way. He does get beat occasionally.

He does a nice job against NFL talent (mostly Steinkuhler #55 for Nebraska-probably a 3rd rounder in next year's draft, Jordan Hill #47 for Penn State-probably a 1st or 2nd rounder in 2013 and on one or two plays Devon Still). Most of the second half of the highlights are pulls and counters. He shows plenty of quickness to be effective pulling.

Ogelsby and Konz's backup (72) both looked excellent in those highlights as well. That line was pretty special.
    Last edited by steelblood; 03-10-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Zeitler in round 2 is more like it. Even if we have to trade up in the 2nd to get him. Poe- who at this point probably won't be there at #24- or Hightower makes sense at #24. Use that 2nd or 3rd for a OG.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion