Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What our OL will look like this season and concerns on D

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I was worried about the position when Gay was here, but he did shine at times. Dick LeBeau is great and I hope he can get the great out of these new guys. As far as Smith goes, no one has filled his shoes when he went down. No one stood out. Hood made some plays and so did Heyward, but neither took over the position. Maybe with some reps it changes though.

LeBeau is gpoing to have to trust some young players more than ever versus sitting in his comfort zone and relying on experienced veterans. If that means he has to simplify the defense then he needs to get on with it. We have some good young talent and we need to see what they can do on the field. He'll have more of a challenge this year than in the past 5 because he will have to make more adjustments versus just being on cruise control because of the experience on the field.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I consider Colon a large question mark. The guy has missed two seasons, with two different injuries. Even if you came back at 100% (which we know is impossible), he wasn't rock-solid when completely healthy IMO. Adams is also a large question mark, for obvious reasons.

Defensively, the player who (sad as it is for me to say) potentially might not live up to expectations is Harrison. His effort is awesome as always; but as a 34-year old guy, who is undersized, and back surgery in his past--it's extremely likely that we've seen the best of him. Luckily we have prospects waiting in the wings.
    I totally agree about Harrison. I think last year we saw the beginning of the end for Harrison which means Woodley has to do more consistently. I hope Harrison finds the fountain of youth but I'm really concerned that his bullrush style won't work anymore and he has no Plan B.

I do hope that LeBeau remembers to call blitzes from the inside LBs a lot more than he has the past two seasons when he seems to have forgotten what that is. We were hardly "Blitzburgh" last season. That will help Woodley and Harrison immensely.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 05-07-2012 at 07:44 AM.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

I suspect that our D will be superb. The youth movement isn't a bad thing.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I suspect that our D will be superb. The youth movement isn't a bad thing.
    Not a bad thing and probably overdue.

Long overdue if you ask me.

I know it's risky but if 2 rookies are going to start, I'd like to see:

LT: Adams / Gilbert
    LG: DeCastro
    G: Pouncey
    RG: Colon
    RT: Adams / Gilbert

If Adams looks like the "best bet" at LT, I would still like to see DeCastro at LG. What I'm trying to say is it's risky, but I still wouldn't hesitate to have to rookies at both LT (Adams) and LG (DeCastro). I would then keep Gilbert at RT. Colon has played RT for most of his career.... keeping him on the right side makes sense.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Long overdue if you ask me.
    Careful now. Some will perceive your heresy as criticism of the defense.

DeCastro will play LG. I'd bet on it.

Pete
    It's not what you do, it's how you do it.

How much? I'll bet ya. No reason to move.
    Last edited by pfelix73; 05-07-2012 at 08:00 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

My OL configuration is something I see from what I know up til now. Of course Adams and DeCastro may end up on the other sides of their respected positions (although I feel DeCastro is less likely to move), but for now from what I have gathered I see it playing out like I listed.

LT - Adams
    LG - Colon
    C - Pouncey
    RG - DeCastro
    RT - Gilbert

Unless Adams is light years behind or Gilbert regresses, Colon will play at Guard this season.