Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dude is a beast!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Bring back Kimo von Oelhoffen as an assistant DL coach!
    I'd love Kimo back. One of my favorites
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Have to say- he looks in good shape for a 343lbs guy.

So long as he keeps his head on & stays motivated- he has the ability to be a long-term cog in the Steeler Defense.

Watch this video he sounds like he's ready to start today!
    [URL]http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/2012-Rookie-Camp-Day-One/1eb64b56-f4b3-4854-9259-321e8ba488a0[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

See? You can notice this in game films. He's not just a fat guy with a gut. He's big, wide, massive.

Our strength coaches should have a field day with him as they get to work with him full time.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    See? You can notice this in game films. He's not just a fat guy with a gut. He's big, wide, massive.

Our strength coaches should have a field day with him as they get to work with him full time.
    Yes he is and yes they will. Not only that but John Mitchell's post draft new conference was interesting. One of the question's was about Ta'amua's weight, which seem to be the biggest concern for alot of Steeler fans, he said he wasnt concerned about it, that they dont watch it as much on the College level, that they have nutrionist that will keep track off and regulate what he eats. No telling if or win Casey will be ready to play but I do think that Ta'amua will be.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Have to say- he looks in good shape for a 343lbs guy.

So long as he keeps his head on & stays motivated- he has the ability to be a long-term cog in the Steeler Defense.
    You my friend obviously havent seen much of him on the field. Motivation has never been an issue for him. In fact he is a high motor type. He plays with a lot of energy. Like I have been saying for a while, you guys are in for a big time surprize.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If this kid does his work after hours and does all his film study and stays focused and in shape, he could be the next Joel Steed or Casey Hampton. He has the perfect build to be a 3-4 NT. He needs to eat up blockers and clog the middle!!! Looking forward to seeing him play.....all though I'm sure he won't start year 1.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ta'Amu has should have no problem with effort, film study, or learning this position. He is in decent shape already and is quick for a NT. He plays hard and seems to have his head on straight.

He does need technique work, and he needs to cover up some stiffness then prevents him from moving laterally as fluidly as Casey Hampton does. John Mitchell will enjoy this guy and he should contribute this year, and probably be the starter next season. I like his personality. Very engaging.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Lebeau doesn't start this dude day 1 at NT....then this kid needs to be checked for having no brains, or Lebeau needs sent to the old folks home for being senile.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    If Lebeau doesn't start this dude day 1 at NT....then this kid needs to be checked for having no brains, or Lebeau needs sent to the old folks home for being senile.
    Careful. You dare to offend the Gods mere mortal?????
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    He's impressive- for a rookie. He still has things to learn though. The materials are there, but some of them still need to be put together. I don't know what the injury recovery is looking like, but Big Snack isn't exactly chopped liver. He's been the Cadillac of NFL NT's for years and won't be easily replaced if healthy.