Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lets be realistic, 'this draft class sucks''

Legend

User Info Menu

lets be realistic, 'this draft class sucks''

would be our battle cry if they were drafted by the bungals or ratbirds. we would all agree that decastro was a good pick but would make fun of the team that drafted a dope-smoking criminal, an ilb that feloniously stalked a girlfriend and is too small to play inside, a 2 down fat guy, a tiny rb and a handful of 7th rounders that will get cut.

let's try to keep things in perspective people.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Knowing what we know about Mike Adams puts him back in the good graces and I'd say the same if he were a Bengal. Spence looks great on tape AND the nose is EXACTLY what our 3-4 defense needs. The Bengals had one hell of a draft themselves and the fans I know say the same about our draft. I have plenty of perspective and it's that the front office did one hell of a job. Period.

Legend

User Info Menu

Some posts "suck" and are ill informed
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Some posts "suck" and are ill informed
    Ovi why do you even give him the satisfaction?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Ovi why do you even give him the satisfaction?
    Agreed...but I have to.

I may be wrong but what Mike Adams was envolved with at OSU (Tattoo gate), wasnt a crime. It was an NCAA violation but how would that constitute being a criminal?

What Adams did by requesting a meeting with the Steelers, then driving to meet with them, expressing his remorse, and adhereing to all the stipulations the Steelers laid out for him, shows a young man who is sincere in his remorse. I think that is very good character. We all make mistakes. Especially as young men. To do what he did is very impressive and it shows a very positive character. He was knocked for not always being motivated in college but what I have seen out of him in regards to turning himself around and being part of the Pittsburgh Steelers shows a ton of motivation. I can easily see him, now that his childhood dream has been fulfilled, turning what was once a weakness into a strength.

And as far as the 2 down fat guy comment is concerned, show me a 3-4 NT in the NFL who doesnt fit that description.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    an ilb that feloniously stalked a girlfriend
    Sean Spence never feloniously stalked his gf, you should make sure you get your facts straight before you slander people
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Bengal's draft was very good. I was a little jealous of their haul. But, they had much better draft position and more early round picks.

For the position the Steelers started with, we slammed it. No doubt. Now, it may not pay off. But, I'm really happy right now.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Listen to what objective analysts (i.e. not Steelers fans or Ravens fans or Bengals fans or Browns fans) say about our draft...I haven't heard a single negative thing to this point. Almost consistently, we are getting universal praise for this draft haul nationally (consistent high grades are being handed out to Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, and a few others).

Who here on this board would look at a draft class and just say "this draft class sucks" because it was a division rival? That's just dumb. In general, we are pretty well informed fans here, and a big part of that is looking at the strengths and weaknesses of our rivals to see how we might stack up. Saying "they suck" because they were drafted by the Ravens or Bengals or Browns would be pointless. Most of us are intelligent enough to discern good picks and bad pick that our teams make and our rivals make. Just because Chris Rainey was drafted by the Steelers doesn't make him God's gift to running backs, and just because Trent Richardson was drafted by the Browns doesn't make him suck all of a sudden. That is foolish.

I really like the Steelers draft overall, and I really like the Bengals draft overall. Two of the best in the league. I think the Ravens had a solid day two haul after trading out of the first round, but their Saturday picks (aside from Streeter) left a lot to be desired. I liked Cleveland's first round (I think I'm one of the few who is not blasting them for drafting a 28 year old QB in the first round...I think Weeden is legit). Their next two picks, the DT from Cincy and the WR from Miami were God-awful picks...horrible reaches. I think they got some solid value with a few of their later picks, but their craptastic Friday selections were tough to overlook.

Why did I type this much? I should have just said "This draft class sucks" for each of our division opponents and been done with it.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Why did I type this much? I should have just said "This draft class sucks" for each of our division opponents and been done with it.
    or you could have just said the following:

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Sean Spence never feloniously stalked his gf, you should make sure you get your facts straight before you slander people
    Why let the facts get in the way of a perfectly good rant?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE