Thread: Chad Spann Released

Legend

User Info Menu

Chad Spann Released

In addition to Spann, the Steelers also released CB Antonio Smith.

[url]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-cut-two-from-off-season-roster-634072/[/url]

This leaves Batch, Dwyer, Clay, Mendenhall, Rainey and Redman remaining at RB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    In addition to Spann, the Steelers also released CB Antonio Smith.

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-cut-two-from-off-season-roster-634072/[/URL]

This leaves Batch, Dwyer, Clay, Mendenhall, Rainey and Redman remaining at RB.
    Interesting. They seemed to like the kid. I wonder what he did (if anything).

Considering that we will keep 4 RBs (perhaps 5 if we count rainey as the 6th WR), I find it interesting that we'd cut one already given Mendy's injury and Batch's return from injury (we only have 4, maybe 5 healthy RBs). Running backs can go down in camp and the preseason pretty easily. They will likely add another camp body or two.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Interesting. They seemed to like the kid. I wonder what he did (if anything).

Considering that we will keep 4 RBs (perhaps 5 if we count rainey as the 6th WR), I find it interesting that we'd cut one already given Mendy's injury and Batch's return from injury (we only have 4, maybe 5 healthy RBs). Running backs can go down in camp and the preseason pretty easily. They will likely add another camp body or two.
    Yea, my thought exactly. You would think he had to have done something to be cut at this time of year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel View Post
    Yea, my thought exactly. You would think he had to have done something to be cut at this time of year.
    Could be conditioning issues.

Or the Steelers could be looking to add to the roster. I do not think they would bring a veteran running back, but Bryant McFadden remains unsigned. As competition for the fifth or sixth cb position, the Steelers could do a lot worse. I'm also not sure if the tendered but unsigned RFAs count against the roster limits. Perhaps clearing space for those guys?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Could be conditioning issues.

Or the Steelers could be looking to add to the roster. I do not think they would bring a veteran running back, but Bryant McFadden remains unsigned. As competition for the fifth or sixth cb position, the Steelers could do a lot worse. I'm also not sure if the tendered but unsigned RFAs count against the roster limits. Perhaps clearing space for those guys?
    Perhaps, but our running back numbers are pretty tight. That leaves us with 6, two of whom are coming off an injury and one is sort of a gadget guy and not a real between the tackles running back. That is pretty thin for such a brutal position. Unless of course the move was to make room for another running back...
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Perhaps, but our running back numbers are pretty tight. That leaves us with 6, two of whom are coming off an injury and one is sort of a gadget guy and not a real between the tackles running back. That is pretty thin for such a brutal position. Unless of course the move was to make room for another running back...
    FWP is tan, rested and ready!
    j/k

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Since we are so young at that position they may want to bring in a vet like LT. I think I saw that he was still unsigned.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Since we are so young at that position they may want to bring in a vet like LT. I think I saw that he was still unsigned.
    Max Starks says he'll be ready by Mid-July.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Don't think I want to see Starks at RB, under any circumstance!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I believe when Ike mentioned LT, he was referring to LaDainian Tomlinson, not Left Tackle.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.