Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Chad Spann Released

  1. #1

    Chad Spann Released

    In addition to Spann, the Steelers also released CB Antonio Smith.

    http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...roster-634072/

    This leaves Batch, Dwyer, Clay, Mendenhall, Rainey and Redman remaining at RB.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,991
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    In addition to Spann, the Steelers also released CB Antonio Smith.

    http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...roster-634072/

    This leaves Batch, Dwyer, Clay, Mendenhall, Rainey and Redman remaining at RB.
    Interesting. They seemed to like the kid. I wonder what he did (if anything).

    Considering that we will keep 4 RBs (perhaps 5 if we count rainey as the 6th WR), I find it interesting that we'd cut one already given Mendy's injury and Batch's return from injury (we only have 4, maybe 5 healthy RBs). Running backs can go down in camp and the preseason pretty easily. They will likely add another camp body or two.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,007
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Interesting. They seemed to like the kid. I wonder what he did (if anything).

    Considering that we will keep 4 RBs (perhaps 5 if we count rainey as the 6th WR), I find it interesting that we'd cut one already given Mendy's injury and Batch's return from injury (we only have 4, maybe 5 healthy RBs). Running backs can go down in camp and the preseason pretty easily. They will likely add another camp body or two.
    Yea, my thought exactly. You would think he had to have done something to be cut at this time of year.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel View Post
    Yea, my thought exactly. You would think he had to have done something to be cut at this time of year.
    Could be conditioning issues.

    Or the Steelers could be looking to add to the roster. I do not think they would bring a veteran running back, but Bryant McFadden remains unsigned. As competition for the fifth or sixth cb position, the Steelers could do a lot worse. I'm also not sure if the tendered but unsigned RFAs count against the roster limits. Perhaps clearing space for those guys?

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,991
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Could be conditioning issues.

    Or the Steelers could be looking to add to the roster. I do not think they would bring a veteran running back, but Bryant McFadden remains unsigned. As competition for the fifth or sixth cb position, the Steelers could do a lot worse. I'm also not sure if the tendered but unsigned RFAs count against the roster limits. Perhaps clearing space for those guys?
    Perhaps, but our running back numbers are pretty tight. That leaves us with 6, two of whom are coming off an injury and one is sort of a gadget guy and not a real between the tackles running back. That is pretty thin for such a brutal position. Unless of course the move was to make room for another running back...
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Perhaps, but our running back numbers are pretty tight. That leaves us with 6, two of whom are coming off an injury and one is sort of a gadget guy and not a real between the tackles running back. That is pretty thin for such a brutal position. Unless of course the move was to make room for another running back...
    FWP is tan, rested and ready!
    j/k

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,264
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Perhaps, but our running back numbers are pretty tight. That leaves us with 6, two of whom are coming off an injury and one is sort of a gadget guy and not a real between the tackles running back. That is pretty thin for such a brutal position. Unless of course the move was to make room for another running back...
    Since we are so young at that position they may want to bring in a vet like LT. I think I saw that he was still unsigned.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  8. #8
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Since we are so young at that position they may want to bring in a vet like LT. I think I saw that he was still unsigned.
    Max Starks says he'll be ready by Mid-July.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Max Starks says he'll be ready by Mid-July.
    Don't think I want to see Starks at RB, under any circumstance!

  10. #10
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,607
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Max Starks says he'll be ready by Mid-July.
    I believe when Ike mentioned LT, he was referring to LaDainian Tomlinson, not Left Tackle.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •