Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Harbaugh: Patriots’ titles have asterisks, are stained

John Harbaugh: Patriots’ titles have asterisks, are stained

....goes on to say that his Ravens have been victims of other teams cheating as well, but refuses to say who. He wouldn't dare accuse his AFC North rivals of cheating would he? Sorry fellas, I just don't like either one of the Harbaughs, though I do agree with his point on the Pats*.

John Harbaugh: Patriots’ titles have asterisks, are stained

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 1, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
    AP
    Ravens coach John Harbaugh believes the Spygate scandal permanently taints the Patriots, saying the three titles the team won under coach Bill Belichick have to be called into question because the team broke NFL rules by taping opposing coaches’ signals.

In an interview on Baltimore radio station 97.9 FM, Harbaugh was asked about the Saints bounty scandal. But instead of talking about the Saints, Harbaugh focused his answer on the Patriots.

“In the end, everything is brought before the light of day,” Harbaugh said. “Even the thing in New England, no matter whether those things had any impact on whether they won their championships or not, they got asterisks now, it’s been stained. So to me, it’s never worth it. You’ve got to figure out ways to use the rules to your advantage.”

Harbaugh said he and the Ravens organization are always careful to make sure they’re in compliance with the rules of the NFL.

“If you’re cheating, in the end, you’re going to get discredited,” Harbaugh said. “It’s just not worth it.”

Harbaugh added that he believes the Ravens have been victimized by other teams cheating in the past, although he doesn’t want to say which teams because he believes such an accusation would become a headline at a certain pro football website.

“Yeah, I have, but if I say when, it’s gonna be like Pro Football Talk is gonna blow up like crazy,” Harbaugh said when asked if he thinks he has ever been victimized by another team breaking the rules. “I’m going to get accused of accusing somebody of something.”

Consider PFT blowed up, Coach Harbaugh.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Harbaugh was asked about the Saints bounty scandal. But instead of talking about the Saints, Harbaugh focused his answer on the Patriots.
    He probably quickly changed the subject because he knew that Suggs and Lewis had bounties out on Hines and Mendenhall themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    He probably quickly changed the subject because he knew that Suggs and Lewis had bounties out on Hines and Mendenhall themselves.

Great point. Why that never got more attention, even with the current bounty investigation, is puzzling.

In any event, though I agree that the Pats* titles are tainted, I still think that Harbaugh comes off as a whiny d-bag for bringing it up. He wasn't even a coach when they last won a title.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Great point. Why that never got more attention, even with the current bounty investigation, is puzzling.

In any event, though I agree that the Pats* titles are tainted, I still think that Harbaugh comes off as a whiny d-bag for bringing it up. He wasn't even a coach when they last won a title.
    He was an assistant on Andy Reid's staff that lost to New England in the Super Bowl when Donovan McNabb threw up on his shoes.

Great point. I had completely forgotten about that. Maybe someone should email Florio and remind him. Now that the subject has been breached with Hairball, maybe it should be pressed a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Great point. I had completely forgotten about that. Maybe someone should email Florio and remind him. Now that the subject has been breached with Hairball, maybe it should be pressed a little bit.
    I actually e-mailed Florio when the Saints bounty scandal was at its peak and sent him a link to a story about the Ravens bounty. He acknowledged the e-mail and responded to me, but never addressed it.

He was an assistant on Andy Reid's staff that lost to New England in the Super Bowl when Donovan McNabb threw up on his shoes.
    Good call.

In any event, he is still a d-bag.

Hmmmmm

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...ut-on-steelers

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    In any event, he is still a d-bag.

Starter
    This interview was posted in another forum on the same subject. It's the very first thing I thought of when I read Harbaugh's comments. He's a hypocrite blowhard. But he's right about Spygate tainting those 3 measley 3 point wins.