Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foundational Draft?

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    If the three lineman that the Steelers drafted pan out, then yes, this draft will absolutely set the foundation going forward. With both lines will be stocked with premium picks, the Steelers will be in a position to add skill position players on both sides of the ball in the next few drafts without really worrying about the lines. Again, assuming that the lineman pan out, the Steelers would have a lot of flexibility and little in the way of need for a few years.
    Great point...I've been pushing for big uglies on both sides of the lines for so long, now that we have actually got them, I'm not sure what to do going forward. On the OL, we'll have 2 first round picks, 2 second round picks, and a fourth round pick. On the DL, we'll have 2 first round picks and a fourth round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Great point...I've been pushing for big uglies on both sides of the lines for so long, now that we have actually got them, I'm not sure what to do going forward. On the OL, we'll have 2 first round picks, 2 second round picks, and a fourth round pick. On the DL, we'll have 2 first round picks and a fourth round pick.
    In this day and age you can never have enough WRs the Steelers should probably take a WR every year in the draft and in years when a veteran retires you might want to take two, that's one thing to do. The Steelers will definitely be looking to restock at the safety position in next year's draft and it looks to be very deep with safeties. If they continue to run the 34 defense then you have to draft OLBs in abundance as well.

See, that wasn't that difficult.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    In this day and age you can never have enough WRs the Steelers should probably take a WR every year in the draft and in years when a veteran retires you might want to take two, that's one thing to do. The Steelers will definitely be looking to restock at the safety position in next year's draft and it looks to be very deep with safeties. If they continue to run the 34 defense then you have to draft OLBs in abundance as well.

See, that wasn't that difficult.

Pappy
    I realize this...I posted some specific safety and linebacker possibilities for us in the first couple of rounds in 2013 draft already in the seemingly rarely-viewed draft-specific forum of this site.

I was just having one of those "what do I do now?" moments, like when Inigo Montoya finally got revenge on 6 fingered man who killed his father. After the Steelers stocked both lines with high picks, I was starting to consider piracy (I'd make an excellent Dread Pirate Roberts).

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthlessburgher View Post
    i realize this...i posted some specific safety and linebacker possibilities for us in the first couple of rounds in 2013 draft already in the seemingly rarely-viewed draft-specific forum of this site.

I was just having one of those "what do i do now?" moments, like when inigo montoya finally got revenge on 6 fingered man who killed his father. After the steelers stocked both lines with high picks, i was starting to consider piracy (i'd make an excellent dread pirate roberts).
    inconceivalbe!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

2193294-inigomontoya1.jpgpbr_020CircusPerformers.jpg

One of the best movies of all time. That first one would be a good avatar, or sig.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!