Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: WR info. Marquis Maze

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Thanks guys. And I agree it will be a great camp to read about all the competition.

  2. #12
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Thanks guys. And I agree it will be a great camp to read about all the competition.

    I'm more excited about watching this year's competition in camp than I have been in a very long time.

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I'm more excited about watching this year's competition in camp than I have been in a very long time.
    Do you go and watch camp live? I need to. I am only a hour or so away. I say every year I am going and never do.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    With Rainey and Maze, Clemons and Batch, there should be some interesting competition for the last few roster spots among the skill position players.
    This is the first time I have heard anyone suggest that Batch is on the bottom of the list of those who make the squad. While no one is saying his spot is guaranteed, he seems light years ahead of those other guys you mentioned. Just my take on it.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]


    My son's first Kansas Turkey!

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    This is the first time I have heard anyone suggest that Batch is on the bottom of the list of those who make the squad. While no one is saying his spot is guaranteed, he seems light years ahead of those other guys you mentioned. Just my take on it.
    Batch has the tough, athleticism and intelligence you covet. Unfortunately, he has had a few devastating injuries in his career. I hope he proves himself durable enough to win a spot.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    This is the first time I have heard anyone suggest that Batch is on the bottom of the list of those who make the squad. While no one is saying his spot is guaranteed, he seems light years ahead of those other guys you mentioned. Just my take on it.
    That was just my stream of consciousness, not necessarily a ranking of those guys.

    I think Batch certainly has better odds than Maze, and perhaps better than Clemons. A lot will depend on whether he lost any quickness as a result of the knee injury.

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That was just my stream of consciousness, not necessarily a ranking of those guys.

    I think Batch certainly has better odds than Maze, and perhaps better than Clemons. A lot will depend on whether he lost any quickness as a result of the knee injury.
    Cool by me. I just wondered.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]


    My son's first Kansas Turkey!

  8. #18
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I'm more excited about watching this year's competition in camp than I have been in a very long time.
    Unfortunately, we have to wait until late summer for that...the minicamps coming up this month won't give us any juicy info about our new toys for the OL and DL, since there is no hitting involved.


    If Roquan Smith falls to late teens, trade 1.28 & 2.60 to SEA for 1.18 & 4.120:

    1.18 LB Roquan Smith
    3.92 FS Jessie Bates
    4.120 RB Royce Freeman
    5.148 DT Ken Norton
    5.165 TE Chris Herndon
    7.220 WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling
    7.246 OT Brett Toth

    If not:

    1.28 LB Leighton Vander Esch
    2.60 C/G Billy Price
    3.92 FS Jessie Bates
    5.148 DT Ken Norton
    5.165 TE Chris Herndon
    7.220 RB Ito Smith
    7.246 WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I loved Maze at Alabama. The guy made plays time after time on the biggest stages. I think he makes the team if they keep 6 WR's.
    I agree. He's a slot receiver who plays faster than he runs. Quick, sharp cuts. Can be elusive in the open field and he can create after the catch. I like him and he could be a real surprise.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

    1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I agree. He's a slot receiver who plays faster than he runs. Quick, sharp cuts. Can be elusive in the open field and he can create after the catch. I like him and he could be a real surprise.
    Can you say "Bubble Screen"?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •