Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: WR info. Marquis Maze

  1. #11
    Thanks guys. And I agree it will be a great camp to read about all the competition.

  2. #12
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,092
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Thanks guys. And I agree it will be a great camp to read about all the competition.

    I'm more excited about watching this year's competition in camp than I have been in a very long time.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I'm more excited about watching this year's competition in camp than I have been in a very long time.
    Do you go and watch camp live? I need to. I am only a hour or so away. I say every year I am going and never do.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer Djfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,330
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    With Rainey and Maze, Clemons and Batch, there should be some interesting competition for the last few roster spots among the skill position players.
    This is the first time I have heard anyone suggest that Batch is on the bottom of the list of those who make the squad. While no one is saying his spot is guaranteed, he seems light years ahead of those other guys you mentioned. Just my take on it.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com


    My son's first Kansas Turkey!

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    This is the first time I have heard anyone suggest that Batch is on the bottom of the list of those who make the squad. While no one is saying his spot is guaranteed, he seems light years ahead of those other guys you mentioned. Just my take on it.
    Batch has the tough, athleticism and intelligence you covet. Unfortunately, he has had a few devastating injuries in his career. I hope he proves himself durable enough to win a spot.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    This is the first time I have heard anyone suggest that Batch is on the bottom of the list of those who make the squad. While no one is saying his spot is guaranteed, he seems light years ahead of those other guys you mentioned. Just my take on it.
    That was just my stream of consciousness, not necessarily a ranking of those guys.

    I think Batch certainly has better odds than Maze, and perhaps better than Clemons. A lot will depend on whether he lost any quickness as a result of the knee injury.

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer Djfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,330
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That was just my stream of consciousness, not necessarily a ranking of those guys.

    I think Batch certainly has better odds than Maze, and perhaps better than Clemons. A lot will depend on whether he lost any quickness as a result of the knee injury.
    Cool by me. I just wondered.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com


    My son's first Kansas Turkey!

  8. #18
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,353
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I'm more excited about watching this year's competition in camp than I have been in a very long time.
    Unfortunately, we have to wait until late summer for that...the minicamps coming up this month won't give us any juicy info about our new toys for the OL and DL, since there is no hitting involved.


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,534
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I loved Maze at Alabama. The guy made plays time after time on the biggest stages. I think he makes the team if they keep 6 WR's.
    I agree. He's a slot receiver who plays faster than he runs. Quick, sharp cuts. Can be elusive in the open field and he can create after the catch. I like him and he could be a real surprise.


    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1--Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
    2--Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-- -- Traded --
    3B--C.J. Fiedorwicz TE Iowa
    4--Jordan Tripp ILB Montana
    5--Brent Urban DE Virginia
    6--Michael Schofield OT Michigan
    7--Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State









  10. #20
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I agree. He's a slot receiver who plays faster than he runs. Quick, sharp cuts. Can be elusive in the open field and he can create after the catch. I like him and he could be a real surprise.
    Can you say "Bubble Screen"?
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •