Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prediction: One Hall of Famer and three Pro Bowlers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Prediction: One Hall of Famer and three Pro Bowlers!

I predict this draft for the Steelers will ultimately garner 1 Hall of Famer (DeCastro), and three future Pro Bowlers (DeCastro, Adams, and Ta'amu). And that will put this draft down as one of the best for them. (Not 1974 but still pretty good).

Ta'amu is going to be a lot better than what alot of people think. In fact I believe he will dominate. He has the two things that Hiloti Ngata had coming in to the league. Size and strength. At NT in a 3-4 (playing only 2 downs), technique isnt as important as it is on the other D-line positions. His size and his strength will allow him to garner the double team automatically. And that is the number one thing a 3-4 NT needs to do. This kid can do that falling out of bed. But I believe he will bring more than just the double team. I believe his strength will collapse the inside pocket and push it back with regularity. He will be a very disruptive force inside. And that will create a trickle around affect. Flood gates. I think this cat has the chance to be the greatest NT this team has ever had.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I love your enthusiasm but there could very well be no such thing as a Pro Bowler anymore. Probably a good thing since only the top 49% make it anyway. What will the Hall of Fame selection commitees base their decisions on now??? hahaha
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    I love your enthusiasm but there could very well be no such thing as a Pro Bowler anymore. Probably a good thing since only the top 49% make it anyway. What will the Hall of Fame selection commitees base their decisions on now??? hahaha
    Whether they ever have a game or not there will always be Pro Bowl nominations. It's an incentive in player contracts. Some way there will always be awards for the best players at each position.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope you are right, Dub, but I'll be pretty happy even if we get just one Pro Bowler (DeCastro) and two solid, above-average starters (Adams and Ta'amu) out of the mix.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You just jinxed him!

I feel the same way about DeCastro. I don't see it the same way for the rest of those guys. I can just as easily (as you see it) see zero Pro Bowls for the rest of the class. I see multiple Pro Bowls for DeCastro... but more importanly for our team, an attitude adjustment on the O-line. He will set the tempo that you need to have.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I see multiple Pro Bowls for DeCastro... but more importanly for our team, an attitude adjustment on the O-line. He will set the tempo that you need to have.
    Thats called the Jack Lambert effect. I think James Harrison also fits that category...gives that exra umphh to the players around him. Guys like that seem to be rare.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Thats called the Jack Lambert effect. I think James Harrison also fits that category...gives that exra umphh to the players around him. Guys like that seem to be rare.
    Absolutely! I dubbed it the @s$k!cker effect. (I like the Lambert Effect.)
    That's why I give Lloyd so much credit for the 90's teams, Peezy IMO brought it for the early 00's. Harrison brings it in his quiet sort of way. Without question, DeCastro brings it for our o-line, which has been THIRSTING for leadership since the early 00's.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Absolutely! I dubbed it the @s$k!cker effect. (I like the Lambert Effect.)
    That's why I give Lloyd so much credit for the 90's teams, Peezy IMO brought it for the early 00's. Harrison brings it in his quiet sort of way. Without question, DeCastro brings it for our o-line, which has been THIRSTING for leadership since the early 00's.
    Seems to me that DeCastro and Pouncey are both self-starter types and potential leaders, while Adams and Gilbert are guys who can let things get away from them if left to their own devices (whether it be conditioning issues or off-field issues). Hopefully DeCastro and Pouncey can set a tone in their meeting rooms in which Adams and Gilbert will simply not be allowed to waste an ounce of their substantial potential. It helps that Gilbert looks up to Pouncey from their days together at Florida, and Adams looks up to Cam Heyward (another guy who seems like a hard-working potential leader) from their days together at OSU...and the two of them get to face off against one another in practice just like when they were Buckeyes, pushing each other to get better (I think that Wallace had that effect on his childhood friend Lewis to some degree as his game improved last season).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

While we are at it, why don't we pencil in rookie of the year for Toney Clemons!

I'm very happy too. I feel Ta'Amu will be a good starting NT and DeCastro will be great. The Adams and Spence picks are harder for me to get excited about. Adams needs to get more consistent and bring his game to another level. Spence seems like the perfect athlete for ILB, but in a strong safety's body -- he played last season at about 218.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dub, I love your optimism. Even if Adams and Ta'amu never make a pro bowl, I will be happy if they can be contributors in the mold of Wayne Gandy and Joel Steed -- rock solid, above average players who never quite get pro bowl accolades (although I think Steed may have had one pro bowl).