Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Decastro starts the season at RG

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Buchette in the Post-Gazette alluded that this very well could be the line next year...

Adams-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Gilbert

But my thing is this, Ramon Foster has been pretty descent. Why wont he get better with better O-lineman around him?

Steelers O-line coach (Kugler), said he preverse players to play their natural position and not moving players around. So with that said why put Colon in at guard?

I would prefer...

Adams--DeCastro--Pouncey--Foster--Gilbert
    I would assume that Kugler meant not moving guys around throughout a season. As in if Colon plays LG he stays at LG for the duration of the season unless injury strikes again. If Colon is healthy I'd rather he be in there over Foster.

More Colon to G talk I see. He has never even practiced there for all we know. He has zero experience as a G, is questionable at best as a T, and can't get healthy enough to even get on the field......but he is our starting guard next year.

Hey, if it doesn't pan out then maybe Ziggy could start at guard and move Heyward to LE. Or see if Duce Staley would like to come back and start at guard for us. After a few years retirement he probably has the size of Colon and he already has enough sideline experience as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    I would assume that Kugler meant not moving guys around throughout a season. As in if Colon plays LG he stays at LG for the duration of the season unless injury strikes again. If Colon is healthy I'd rather he be in there over Foster.

Did Foster not improve last year? With better players around him why wouldnt he get even better?

And has not Colon been unreliable physically the past two years? Why wouldnt he continue to be?

I would play the percentages on this.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    More Colon to G talk I see. He has never even practiced there for all we know. He has zero experience as a G, is questionable at best as a T, and can't get healthy enough to even get on the field......but he is our starting guard next year.
    while you may be right with that. how many games or how much practice has gilbert had as a LT (handful of games in college) and yet, he was penciled in as the starter there before the draft

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    And has not Colon been unreliable physically the past two years? Why wouldnt he continue to be?
    Colon had two freaky, unrelated injuries the past two years...that is more misfortune than physical unreliability...

It's not too unreasonable to think that Colon might soon be the third best tackle on the roster...If he isn't good enough to start at guard, well, it might be time to see if there's any trade interest, because that's a pretty big salary for a reserve OLman.

I believe the Steelers think more of Colon than do fans. Their actions speak to such.

We all just need to understand that the best 5 guys are going to be determined in camp and the only position where there is any certainty is center. I would love to see what the organization is thinking with Colon. I would practically garantee he will get a look at guard....especially if Adams looks like he is ready to start at either tackle spot.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

I like Adams/Colon/Pouncey/DeCastro/Gilbert. I really doesnt matter to me which side Adams starts on. If Adams struggles with the pass rush move him to the right side.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Adams/Foster/Pouncey/DeCastro/Gilbert

Give them their playbooks, and get out of their way.
    Yeah, let's feed Adams and his entitled, laid-back attitude. They need to treat this guy like he's an undrafted FA. Any PT he gets, he has to work for. Handing him the starting job would only ensure that he fall right back into his, "I can smoke dope a couple weeks before the Combine" mentality.

As said, the line I think is best for 2012 is:
    Colon (hopefully he holds up)
    DeCastro
    Pouncey
    Foster
    Gilbert

BTW, I know they would never do this, but would putting Legs at C change anyone's opinion?
    Colon
    DeCastro
    Legursky
    Pouncey
    Gilbert