Thread: Looks like the Steelers could have had McNutt

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Looks like the Steelers could have had McNutt

I was really high on McNutt. Big guy, looks great in space. I think we got that small scatback from FL instead. Oh well. Anyone else hoping for McNutt?

Legend

User Info Menu

Mcnutt is the better WR hands down. But Rainey can be a game changer.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Mcnutt is the better WR hands down. But Rainey can be a game changer.
    And he is going to change the way defenses have to play the Steelers now. Him in the slot is going to help Mike Wallace and the rest of the receivers.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Rookie

User Info Menu

McNutt is definitely a chain mover...but Rainey might be a game changer...

With experience at WR, RB and PR/KR, he could potentially perform well in several different roles...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No problem taking Rainey over McNutt. I really do like guys like McNutt (character, solid guys), but in this case, I think we needed the injection of speed over solid chain mover.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    No problem taking Rainey over McNutt. I really do like guys like McNutt (character, solid guys), but in this case, I think we needed the injection of speed over solid chain mover.
    A. Brown did a pretty good job of moving the chains last year. With Rainey in the mix and another reciever (whoever replaces hines) I think our Offense could see its best year ever. Especially with the O-line upgrade

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It's a tough call. I'm not unhappy with Rainey. It just that McNutt had some serious potential to erase the pain of Limas Sweed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I believe McNutt had #2 starter potential. In the least, he would have upgraded our red zone %. I would have taken him.

Rainey is a special talent though. If they use him well, it could turn out to be a better decision.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like Rainey over McNutt. I thought that a speed back would be a great asset for the Steelers. Rainey has the potential to add a new dimension to the offense. And when you factor in Rainey + Clemons, I absolutely prefer that to McNutt + whoever.